Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here we go again! Need help again PLEASE

tag
Rice1o5
Established Member

Here we go again! Need help again PLEASE

Ok so if you have seen my previous post last week i was called by some woman Claiming to be a processor and was going to serve me papers last week (she called twice and never showed up) Claiming she was hired by an attorney in NEW YORK. I reside and have resided in Colorado. So it seemed fishy. Anyways my wife just got a phone call about 20 minutes ago... This time from a man calling for me. He gave my name, DOB, AGE, last 4 of SSN and the message was saying he is in Denver County and He is here to serve me papers and there is no IF ANDS OR BUTTS ABOUT IT.. THERE IS NO WAY AROUND IT (his words) He then went on to say he sees i have a 2014 civic with liscense plate XXX_XXX and that car WILL be retained. He continued on to say he is with a on duty sheriff and will see me soon GOOD LUCK! This time he told me i needed to call an 844 number (the woman last week was telling me to call a 716 number) BEFORE he delivers the papers. This all seems very fishy to me and the threats about taking my car and stuff **bleep** is that?!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Here we go again! Need help again PLEASE

Sounds like fraud - I would call the authorities.

Message 2 of 10
Rice1o5
Established Member

The police?? I tried calling a attorney but they want to charge me 300 dollars just for a consultation. 

Message 3 of 10
Rice1o5
Established Member

And another issue also is that the woman last week and the man that called my wife today are calling from a "Private Number" 

Message 4 of 10
MacMan313
Contributor

I've received quite a few of these in the past. They are fraud. One claimed he was a police officer. They spoofed the number and all. I immediately hung up and called the local police station and reported it.

They most always get your information from an online loan matcher such as services similar to Money Mutual. Dont use loan matchers. These services sell your information to lenders. Unfortunately, some buyers are scammers.

EQ: 646 TU: 653 EX: 658 [CH7 Discharge 10/14]

PayPal Credit $2000 | Credit One Platinum $1200 | Grain $1000 | Capital One Quicksilver $700 | Capital One Quicksilver $500 | BrightWay $500 | Capital One Walmart Rewards $300
Message 5 of 10
Rice1o5
Established Member

How can i report it if i dont have any numbers because they are calling from private numbers?

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I mentioned this before but NO process server is EVER going to call ahead to warn the person being served. EVER.

Next time they call tell them FLAT OUT - "By impersonating a process server you are violating the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and your company is subject to a statutory $1000 fine for EACH VIOLATION. This call is being recorded. Please give me your name, your supervisors name, and the name and mailing address of your company, so my laywer can properly serve the summons for the suit I am preparing to file in Federal District Court. All future calls to this number will be recorded and traced. So can I have your name please?" Watch how fast the line goes dead.

Message 7 of 10
Rice1o5
Established Member

Norman - I will do that next time. I havent answered any calls from them ever because i dont answer private numbers. I dont like how this guy has my license plate number and is talking about taking my car. 

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't let them intimidate you . If they call again tell them you called the police and their investigating the matter . Good luck .
Message 9 of 10
Rice1o5
Established Member

Well my wife received another call just now from the 716 New York number apparantley its some place called CRG (collabrative resolution group) and they left a message saying they have left many messages for me and i have not contacted them back and they are going to be looking for my address and place of work and i need to call them IMMEDIETLY. then at the end of the message said GOOD LUCK.  I already called the police department and they told me not to do anything or give them any information because its a place from New York. They also told me that if it was someone contacting me from Denver County (like they said they were) they would not contact me from a blocked number. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.