Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here we go again Verizon

tag
max2mum
New Contributor

Here we go again Verizon

I had an old account with Verizon, which they (verizon) sold to MCM in 12/2011.  In October 2011, verizon removed the tradeline from my credit report.  I called Verizon and tried to pay them off in  October and was told that they no longer owned the account. It was sold.  So I was happy to get the letter from MCM in DEC 2011.  MCM offered me a payoff and I promptly sent a check and endorsed it to say "Cashing the check, they agree to not  report to all 3 CRAs." MCM cashed my check  sent me a "settled letter" and never reported to any of the 3CRAs. Imagine my suprise when In Feb.2012, TU reported a new collection account from Verizon. The very same account  i just got paid off with MCM.  I disputed the informatin with TU and they updated the information to say "improved status" paid charge off.  Can someone tell me-Does Verizon have this right to report this account that they removed the TL and then sold to a debt collector, and debt collector was paid per agreement?  This seems so wrong to me at all levels.  Help!!!

Starting Score: tu-460 eq-570 ex-580
Current Score: tu-693 (6/6/12) eq-624 ex-679 (6/6/12)

Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
SuzyStellar
Contributor

Re: Here we go again Verizon

I had an issue recently with Verizon, and it was not to hard to take care of.  This was a residential line, not wireless.  I hear wireless is much harder to break through to.  If you had an old residential line for this account call Verizon and tell them you want to talk to their credit reporting department aka financial service dept.  They are pretty quick about things once you get them.  I had mine gone within a day or two.  Good Luck!

I have the number for Pennsylvania, but I am not sure it would be a good number for you, as I don't know where you are from.

Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

It may look unfair, but is not improper.

The OC had the right to report adverse items occuring under their account, the right to thereafter delete that reporting and the right to report its reinsertion.  The fact that other actions occured after the occurance of the adverse item that was once reported does not make the occurance of that adverse item now inaccurate.

The FCRA only prescribes special procedures for a request for reinsertion of previously deleted information if that information was found, by way of resolution of a dispute over its accuracy, to have been incomplete, inaccurate, or unverified.  FCRA 611(a)(5)(B).

Apparently they did not delete as a result of a prior dispute resolution, so the reinsertion restrictions do not apply.

Message 3 of 4
max2mum
New Contributor

Thanks for you imput. Could you PM me the number please? Thanks

Starting Score: tu-460 eq-570 ex-580
Current Score: tu-693 (6/6/12) eq-624 ex-679 (6/6/12)

Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.