Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here we go again!

tag
AcidKoolz
Valued Member

Here we go again!

Hey guys!

I joined a few years back and made some attempts to repair my credit then, but finally gave up. Hopefully, this time around I won't! I am a lot more motivated and committed this time, so hopefully you will all have to deal with me for awhile Smiley Happy. I however have been lurking and reading posts for the past few months, so I haven't completely been gone. I hope to be able to acquire a mortgage within a year or so (hopefully), and have done some things to get me jump started.

So, here's my current credit picture:

Scores:

Experian - 493 (Lender pulled 7/5/2012)
TransUnion - 540 (Lender pulled 7/5/2012)
Equifax - 504 (Lender pulled 7/5/2012)

Tradelines:

Auto Loans:

Santander (current bal $14200) - Never any lates, Open since 11/2011

Arvest - Loan for $8000, paid in full never any lates, Open from 06/2010 to 10/2011

Arvest - Loan for $13000, paid in full, 1 (30 day) late, Open from 11/2006 to 07/2009

GM Financial - loan for $18000, paid in ful, no lates, open from 02/2010 to 09/2010

GM Financial - loan for $8700, paid in full, 5 (30 day) lates, open from 07/2010 to 11/2011

Student Loans:

Nelnet (Student Loan) ($7200) - 4 (90 day) lates, Open since 09/2008

Edfinancial ($5400) - 2 (90 day) lates, Open since 09/2007

Edfinancial ($3800) - 2 (90 day) lates, Open since 09/2007

Edfinancial ($3800) - 2 (90 day) lates, Open since 09/2006

Nelnet ($3700) - 5 (90 day) lates, Open since 09/2008

Nelnet ($2700) - 2 (90 day) lates, Open since 09/2009

Nelnet ($2550) - no lates, open since 10/2011

Nelnet ($2400) - 2 (90 day) lates, Open since 09/2009

Nelnet ($1750) - no lates, open since 10/2011

Nelnet ($1100) - 2 (90 day) lates, Open since 06/2008

Nelnet ($450) - no lates, Open since 12/2011

and then 6 accounts that have been transferred (Stupid student loans), only 2 of these have 3 (90 day) lates

Credit Cards:

Continental finance - open from 03/2008 to 03/2010 - LOST/STOLEN, 0 balance, limit 450

Collection Account: AAC (Chase Bank) $2320 DOLA 02/2007

Collection Account: Midland $1330 DOLA 12/2006

Collection Account: AAC (Capital One) $1244 DOLA 02/2007

Collection Account: Enhanced Recovery (Tmobile) $1184 DOLA 11/2010 - DISPUTED, SENT DV

Collection Account: Receivables Performance (Tmobile, yes same acct) $1184 DOLA 11/2010 - DISPUTED, SENT DV

Collection Account:

Collection Account: AFNI (Directv) $286, DOLA 10/2011 - PAID IN FULL A MONTH OR SO AGO, SENT GW

Collection Account: Arvest (Bank account) Current bal $0, was $585, DOLA11/2006

Collection Account: Arvest (Bank account) Current bal $0, was $203, DOLA 08/2009

Collection Account: Capital One - balance 0, transferred, reporting 27 (90 day) lates

Collection Account: JC Penney - balance 0, transferred, reporting 6 (90 day) lates

Collection Account: Mid Continent credit - balance 0, was $1047, (forgot to take my cable boxes back!) SENT GW, THEY RESPONDED WITH A SCREEN SHOT OF MY DEBT AND PERSONAL INFO

Collection Account: Sears - balance 0, reporting 3 (90 day) lates

I also have a judgement for around $2400, I only owe about $1400 now, paying 125 a monh, although I don't believe this updates does it? Also - will it update as $0 when its PIF?

wow that took a really long time to type. OK, so here's my plan.

Opened a secured credit card with a local credit union for $500 a couple of days ago, although I just found out they only report to experian, should I close this and send this money elsewhere?

I opened a secured credit card with Arvest (local Bank) today for $500, reports to all 3

I opened a capital one secured ($200, only had to pay $49) about two weeks ago

Planning to open a wells fargo secured - finally got the bank accounts open and money transferred

I was declined for BOA secured - I tried calling for recon several times, they said since I have a judgement and recent collection activity, they couldnt approve me

I have paid off some collections and successfully PFD a few medical things.....

So - the moral of my story, What do you think I should do next? A lot of these fall off in the next year or so since the reporting period expires. Do you think I should look for a  student loan consolidation? I was offered one awhile ago with lower interest rate, etc. This would definately help clean up my report, I have at least 2 pages of student loans. Also - do you think First premier would reopened my credit card account? It seems that they still have the debt.

Any other advice/input would be welcome and appreciated. Sorry for such a long post and so many questions at once, I just want to do it right this time!!!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
AcidKoolz
Valued Member

Re: Here we go again!

Hmm, it seems that my post might have been too long and it cut a bunch of my accounts off, haha.

I paid off a $402 chargeoff account yesterday, sent a GW Email to AFNI today, and paid 3 medical collections, with one agreeing to delete, but the other two never actually agreeing....hopefully they will disappear!!

This is getting me excited!!!

Message 2 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I wouldn't open any new credit. You have at least 3 and your mix is OK. In fact, I bet any future CCs would result in a loss vs. a gain on FICO.

For the auto loans, do nothing to them except for the last. I'd send a GW for the last loan for the lates.

For the SLs with the lates, send GWs.

For the CAs, send a DV. If they verify and you agree, send a PFD.

Keep sending GWs to the paid baddies.

Once the judgment goes to $0, it's report as $0, but it doesn't help FICO any. Some had success in getting a paid judgment removed by working with the plaintiff's attorney to have a motion filed to have it vacated.

For any unpaid baddie debt, make sure SOL expired or you have the $$$ to PIF if you had to before sending or doing anything...lest they sue.

I wouldn't consolidate the SLs. Not without repair first.

FP likely won't reopen. You probably wouldn't want them to reopen anyway. Super high interest. You have a good mix already anyway.

Oh, and ignore DOLA...it means nothing. DOFD is the basis for how long something reports.

Message 3 of 6
AcidKoolz
Valued Member

@llecs wrote:

I wouldn't open any new credit. You have at least 3 and your mix is OK. In fact, I bet any future CCs would result in a loss vs. a gain on FICO.

For the auto loans, do nothing to them except for the last. I'd send a GW for the last loan for the lates.

For the SLs with the lates, send GWs.

For the CAs, send a DV. If they verify and you agree, send a PFD.

Keep sending GWs to the paid baddies.

Once the judgment goes to $0, it's report as $0, but it doesn't help FICO any. Some had success in getting a paid judgment removed by working with the plaintiff's attorney to have a motion filed to have it vacated.

For any unpaid baddie debt, make sure SOL expired or you have the $$$ to PIF if you had to before sending or doing anything...lest they sue.

I wouldn't consolidate the SLs. Not without repair first.

FP likely won't reopen. You probably wouldn't want them to reopen anyway. Super high interest. You have a good mix already anyway.

Oh, and ignore DOLA...it means nothing. DOFD is the basis for how long something reports.

llecs,

Thanks for your response. I was actually looking through my old posts from 2009 and you helped me then as well, so I guess "Thanks again" would be more appropriate!!

Question about getting the judgement vacated....Plantiff did not have an attorney, they represented themselves, as did I (Probably why I lost), should I contact them directly to see about getting it vacated? They seem to be pretty nice, other than suing me for something I shouldn't have owed...

Thanks again for the help!

Message 4 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I would first recommend contacting the Clerk of the judgment court, and feel them out regarding their normal practice regarding motions to vacate based on satisfaction of the debt. 

Has the judgment creditor filed a notice of satisfaction of the judgment with the court?  I presume that would be a necessary first step.

Message 5 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I'll defer to others....I've never tried to get a PR off.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.