cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hey Equifax! Knock it off with teasing!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Equifax! Knock it off with teasing!!!

Ugh! It's annoying as hell in the last 2 months with Equifax FICO score!

To understand my case (for those who don't know and for those who remembers but needs a quick refresher, LOL)

I filed for BK7 last April 2015 which was fully discharged June 2015. I obtained Merrick Visa $600 in August 2015 then Barclay Rewards MC for $1,500 in September 2015

When I first started with rebuild, my scores were in the low 500's. TU and EX showed slow but steady increase of my FICO scores which is now TU 614 and EX 613

BUT

EQ...now it is 753!!!! on 9/23/15 it ws 618. On 10/16/15 it jumped 115 points to 733 (Due to new credit, Merrick added), On 10/29/15 it bumped up to 739 (balance increased by 100%). On 10/31/15 it dropped allllll the way down to 624 (No reason given) which make sense due to my credit profile.

Then TODAY I got alert that EQ jumped 129 points to 753 (Dafaq!?!?) Alert shows Balance has increased by $16 and 100% increase as well.

I know I'm not going to get excitied over 753 score (Yes, it's a nice score but knowing I just filed for BK, it's impossible for 5 months post discharge!!!) So what can I do about this? Complain to MyFICO and/or Equifax to stop teasing me with wild scores? LOL!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hey Equifax! Knock it off with teasing!!!

Hmmm, should I app Discover IT card that I got in the mail with inviation code? Will Discover see this score of 753 now?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe! I'm an app'ing advocate which is terrible so I'll say do it and do it quick....but that's probably not a wise move for you....but I have no clue.

Message 3 of 6
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

Don't do it, those are just teasers from Discover and they will shoot you down due to the bankruptcy. My wife gets the same things and is denied every time due to a paid collection from 2013. Her score is also in the 700s. Discovers "offers" are not very golden.
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 4 of 6
SupraTurbo2jz
Regular Contributor

Hey same exact situation as you (see scores below). It looks like EQ split my file and I lost all the negs and some of my positive accts (not looking to find them either!). Im good with that  since I went on an app spree and acquired some really nice cards and a auto refinance @ 7.09 down from 19.75. Question for you...did they remove your bk info, IIB accounts and all inquires? Mine is super clean with the exception of the now 51 inquiries over the last 30 days Smiley Surprised. Also some of the IIB accounts are starting to show back up however they are showing up N/A with no comments and in a postiive state? I posted a question to the group with a small screen shot of my Eq if you want to look at what I mean. I truly hope it stays like this but ready for any AA if it catches up but its nice having Chase cards Smiley Happy especially 6 months post bk.

CH 7 BK discharged 05/15 goal scores 680 across the board
Current Score: TU 657 EQ 676 EX 657 FICO pull 03/20/17

photo cabelas 3700.jpg
 photo Disney siggy 5000.png photo SWP Premier 2500.png photo virgin america 2300.jpg photo lexus 2500.png photo toyota 2500.png photo kays1500.jpg photo hsn4000.png photo GoodSam 1000.png photo buckle 900.jpg photo af 250.png photo valero.jpg photo fingerhut.jpg
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dafaq!?!?

Yesterday EQ boosted my FICO to 753 from 624 a month ago. TODAY they dropped 115 points to 638 (still higher than 624 LOL)

Eqiufax, what are you guys smoking these days? I sure like to have one! (((eyes rolling up)))

Nevertheless, I got Discover IT approved at 753 LOL!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.