cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hey guys I need y'all's help!!! CO on my report!!!

tag
jzamarripa3220
New Contributor

Hey guys I need y'all's help!!! CO on my report!!!

So I'm twenty-one years old and I take my credit extremely seriously, especially since i don't make a lot of money. I just logged in to CK and saw a CO from 05/15 from an apartment complex that my mom was living at. I moved out of there and into my own place on 08/14, yet the account was still considered a "joint account". I did stay there from 02/13 to 08/14. Everything I worked so hard for, credit wise, has virtually been for nothing if I can't get this item removed. How do I go about getting the CO off of my credit report? The CO is on my EQ report and not TU. I haven't been able to look at EX yet. This is so frustrating. I worked so hard to get where I am today, only to be kicked back in a dark pit because of my parents discrepancies. Please help! I need to get back on track. I have to get that CO removed from my credit report!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Hey guys I need y'all's help!!! CO on my report!!!

You can send them an offer to pay the delinquent debt in exchange for their agreement to delete the reported charge-off.

You should do that promptly, as charged-off debt is often referred to a debt collector or sold, which would most likely result in the addition of a collection to your credit report.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.