Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi All Newbie Here..Looking for advice and guidence

tag
sanchez1278
Established Member

Hi All Newbie Here..Looking for advice and guidence

Hi All:

I am very new to all of this and after reading many of the messages in this forum, I now believe I have hope.  My FICO Scores are EQ 442, TU 502, EX 555, according to this site.  I do have a bit of work ahead of me to reach my goal of the 700 club, however I have never been one to shy away for hard work.  A little about me and my credit history.

I left a career as a restaurant manger in 2006 to go back to school to be a nurse.  In the 4 years that I put myself through nursing school I was BROKE.  I worked as a bartender full-time and went to school full-time.  In 2007-09 is when most of my baddies occurred as I began having to pay tuition out of pocket and well I had to steal from peter to pay paul.  So I have the following CO (All of which are with CA excluding the notorious Cap1):

Cap1 CO $1296 DOFD 2/10: They continue to report CO each month

Berks Credit & Collections CA $120 DOFD 5/09

Credit Bureau Collection Services (for DirectV) CA $654..DirectV does not show up on my CR just the CA as of 2/12 even though DOFD is 5/10

CCS/First National bank CO $358 DOFD 9/07

Credit One Bank $500/$1143(after accurred fees) DOFD 12/09

Enhanced Recovery CO LLC/Sprint PCS CA $465 started reporting on 1/12...I paid this after I closed my sprint account and sprint will not own up to their error or help me.

First Premier bank CO $485 DOFD 12/09

HSBC Bank CO $295 DOFD 11/09

Wells Fargo Student Loan CO $4098 I will be done paying this account off 9/15/12 but is still reported as CO

The CA that have these accounts that are also reported on my CR are

Midland Funding they have my (First National Bank) which I believe was sold to them by CCS not sure.  They also have my HSBC CO account

Portfolio Recovery Ass. which has the CO for another HSBC account apparently the original account isn't being reported on my CR as I only see one HSBC account.

West Bay Acquisitions CA $120..I continually dispute this account with the CRAs and it keeps coming back as validated.  This is for Columbia house which I have never ever used.

Ok so now for the positives:

I pay all my student loans on time.  I bought a car in Dec of course my interest rate is sky high but I pay early every month.  I recently opened a merchant credit account with only $150 limit but I pay it early and it only has a $10 balance now.  I also just opened a BOA secured CC today and intend on paying early and holding low balances.  I am looking to purchase my first home in a year and really want to get the best interest rate possible, but most importantly I just want to get approved.  I am a nurse now and I make excellent money.  Its ashame because no one cares why my credit is so crappy or that I am at a completely different place now, but I take full responsiility and just need help on how to clear as many negatives of my accounts as possible.  How should I go about this??  Do I contact OC or CA?  Can I get the OC removed from my CR if the CA is deleted?  So many question I know!!!  I am just overwhelmed and I have seen so many success stories here, so I know it can be done.  Any advice along with coontact info for any CA if you have dealt with them.  Also if you have dealt with OC or CA that I am dealing with please let me know best way to take them on.  Thank you so much in advance.  Feel free to PM me or write on forum.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
golo
Frequent Contributor

Re: Hi All Newbie Here..Looking for advice and guidence

Welcome to the forum! There is hope and you can succeed.You must read and read again here in the forum.It will take some time,it's the nature of the beast,but it can be done.If It was me,I'll shoot DV letters first and ask questions later.Start from there and read.Good luck ok your journey.
Message 2 of 5
Cageym
Established Contributor

Welcome! I would  say read posts even if you think they don't apply to you. You can learn alot just from the comments.

What's in my wallet: Cap1 Venture NFCU Sig Visa Delta Gold Amex BCE Citi Simplicity IHG World MC Amazon Visa CSP
Starting Score: 5/2010 550-ish
Current Score: 6/20/2013 TU 800 6/20/2013 EQ 770 6/20/2013 EX 775
Goal Score: 800 accross the board
Message 3 of 5
sanchez1278
Established Member

Thank you both for your quick replies!! As for DV letters you would send them to CAs not OC or both? That's where I am confused
Message 4 of 5
Cageym
Established Contributor

I've never had to do this myself but I would say send the DV to the CA. If you know you owe the money and are going to pay it wait for the DV response from the CA then maybe contact the OC for a PFD. From what I've read here (see what I mean about reading stuff here?) you can usually get a better deal from the OC because the CA isn't going to get their cut. If anyone disagrees please chime in, I am more than willing to admit I'm wrong.

What's in my wallet: Cap1 Venture NFCU Sig Visa Delta Gold Amex BCE Citi Simplicity IHG World MC Amazon Visa CSP
Starting Score: 5/2010 550-ish
Current Score: 6/20/2013 TU 800 6/20/2013 EQ 770 6/20/2013 EX 775
Goal Score: 800 accross the board
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.