cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi All ,

tag
awwwjr561

Hi All ,

This is my first post and well i have a question and a request . my request is any advice anyone gives me now or in the future is appreciated and taken to heart . My Question is what should i apply for next ? Since i was 16 ive been obsessed with trying to get credit but destroyed it at every chance it seemed. For some reason ive finally opened my eyes and heres where i stand

several collections over the years ,     EXPERIAN 591 EQUIFAX 495 TRANSUNION 597         

BestBuy Mastercard 300 CL  FINGERHUT 800 CAPITAL ONE SECURED 300 CAPITAL ONE PLATNIUM 300 FIRST PREMIER 200 TIRES PLUS 1200  And I was approved 2 days ago for a Capital One QUICLSILVER 500 Limit , I was shocked !!   And if it helps i have an auto loan i just made my 15th payment never late .

First PREMIER is my oldest open account shoud i def keep that open ?

Thanks to anyone who gives their 2 cents i appreciate it in advance Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
anca21bi
Frequent Contributor

Re: Hi All ,

I would keep it open while your scores and credit limits go up. You don't want to lose that history.
Message 2 of 5
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@anca21bi wrote:
I would keep it open while your scores and credit limits go up. You don't want to lose that history.

I agree, what are the usage on these account? Could be bringing your score down?

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 3 of 5
titanofold
Established Contributor

I would start working on PFDs to the collections. Seems like that might be holding down your score a lot.

Scores2013-09-21Current
Equifax630 (LP)755 (CK)/749 (Quizzle)
Experian640 (FCR)FICO 707 (Amex)
TransUnion588 (CK)FICO 754 (Barclaycard)
Message 4 of 5
awwwjr561

Thanks 4 the replies . Ive been dependent on google for answers and it just leaves me lost . My utilization is around 34% Ive wondered because i feel like im doing "ok" considering my scores , especially equifax being 100 points lower ?? Smiley Sad         I have several collections average of maybe 5-7 on each . I had a springleaf account default about 6 months ago its a charge off but i took them up on a settlement today .   And i just tried Macys and got approved but for 100 only ;/   I also have a total of 9 late payments on my credit , few that will fall off this year , but the latest 3 were between 6-8 months ago.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.