cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, Has Anyone Successfully Sent a Goodwill Letter to Citibank, Specifically Overdraft Department?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Has Anyone Successfully Sent a Goodwill Letter to Citibank, Specifically Overdraft Department?

I changed my address and the checking account to automatically deduct the Checking Plus overdraft account payment from, and neither was updated by Citibank (it was done over the phone with a call center employee). So I ended up being 30+ days late. When I realized I hurried up and paid. I called the customer service number, was connected to a call center again, requested the same changes, and once again they did not go through. I ended up being late again, but this time thankfully not 30+ days and I caught it in time.

I want to get the negative hit taken off my credit report, but don't know where to write.  Thanks.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hi, Has Anyone Successfully Sent a Goodwill Letter to Citibank, Specifically Overdraft Departmen

If you can pull up your credit report then the address will be there.

Otherwise, call the number on the back of your card and ask for the disputes department. Ask them who is the best person to direct your letter to and get the best address from them.

Also, if you know the day/time that you spoke to their call center rep then I would include that information in your letter. Even if the account info didn't update they should still have a record of your phone call(s) which may help strengthen your case if you can get anyone to confirm that you did in good faith attempt to change the account info.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.