Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi-Ho Quicksilver!!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hi-Ho Quicksilver!!!!!

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you have a Cap 1 secured card also? If so, that's possibly why you were denied the Plat. 

You can only have two subprime cards, though some people manage to slip through the cracks and get three. 

No, I don't have a secured card; however, I do have a Kohl's Charge which is through Capital One, so I am assuming that that is the reason. I'm planning to just work this one up to an upgrade and then apply for a different prime product once my score is high enough.

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Login to the Cap1 account online.  You will see ur new Q1 card in there.  If there is a problem, it will say "account restricted" in red letters and that means u have to call fraud dept and verify ur identity.

Thanks! I actually just did that and, while it's not showing me my card, it is asking me to activate my new card by entering the security code - which I obviously will have to wait for until I receive the card in the mail. Hopefully this is a good sign!

Call customer service and ask them about the Platinum Application status.

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I actually just went back in to see if I could get approved for the Platinum card - after having this suggested on here once before - and oddly enough, they denied me. I was under the impression that the QuickSilver Cash Back card was a step up from the Platinum. Am I wrong? Now I'm all paranoid that they won't send me my QuickSilver card since I tried to apply for Platinum and got a denial...

Did you get an alert for the credit pull when you did the second application?

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

No, I didn't. The inquiry for the QuickSilver hit right away on two reports, but that was the only one that came up.

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

No, I didn't. The inquiry for the QuickSilver hit right away on two reports, but that was the only one that came up.

Call Customer service and ask what the status is. Its likely held up for something relating to identification as the other poster indicated. You will probably just have to answer a question or two, and then they will approve you.

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Call Customer service and ask what the status is. Its likely held up for something relating to identification as the other poster indicated. You will probably just have to answer a question or two, and then they will approve you.

Okay, I will try that. Thank you.

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I just got off the phone with Capital One Customer Service and they were very helpful. They double checked the status of my QuickSilver card and it is, in fact, on it's way. I should receive it between April 20-27! Yay!!! The reason that the Platinum was denied is because of the existing application for the QuickSilver and my credit was not pulled for that application. So - no flag, no TRUE rejection, and my QuickSilver (the better choice in my opinion, so I'm glad I went for that first) is on it's way! Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I just got off the phone with Capital One Customer Service and they were very helpful. They double checked the status of my QuickSilver card and it is, in fact, on it's way. I should receive it between April 20-27! Yay!!! The reason that the Platinum was denied is because of the existing application for the QuickSilver and my credit was not pulled for that application. So - no flag, no TRUE rejection, and my QuickSilver (the better choice in my opinion, so I'm glad I went for that first) is on it's way! Smiley Happy

So go ahead and try the Platinum app again. The Platinum is actually the one you want to have, because after the first or second statement you can get it upgraded to a Quicksilver Mastercard, with the same rewards as the Quicksilver One, but no annual fee.

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So go ahead and try the Platinum app again. The Platinum is actually the one you want to have, because after the first or second statement you can get it upgraded to a Quicksilver Mastercard, with the same rewards as the Quicksilver One, but no annual fee.

Still got the denial screen. I don't want to push my luck too far, so I am just going to wait until I receive my QuickSilver card. Maybe the application is still showing in their system or something.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.