cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi all I could really use some help on this one....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all I could really use some help on this one....

I was just looking over my CR and I noticed that I have an account on there that I NEVER made payments on, nor was I charged anything..... It is an old radio shack account that apparently the clerk I was dealing with forgot to charge me for a phone that I was supposed to end up with payments for. SO, my account reads radio shack as a "current closed" with "OKS" across the lifeline of the credit line. Is this hurting my score or helping it? I never made a payment on it, and my experian monitoring service fails to recognize it as derogatory, not sure what to think here. Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hi all I could really use some help on this one....

@Anonymous wrote:

I was just looking over my CR and I noticed that I have an account on there that I NEVER made payments on, nor was I charged anything..... It is an old radio shack account that apparently the clerk I was dealing with forgot to charge me for a phone that I was supposed to end up with payments for. SO, my account reads radio shack as a "current closed" with "OKS" across the lifeline of the credit line. Is this hurting my score or helping it? I never made a payment on it, and my experian monitoring service fails to recognize it as derogatory, not sure what to think here. Thanks!

More than likely it's helping it but there is no way to know for sure without knowing your entire credit report.  Generally though any account that's say paid on time helps your report.  The closed part doesn't hurt you at all.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

SO, my account reads radio shack as a "current closed" with "OKS" across the lifeline of the credit line. Is this hurting my score or helping it? 

Sounds like you got a free lunch.

I'd let that baby ride until it falls off.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess I'll just leave it alone then, thanks guys 

Message 4 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Sound like you owe Radio Shark a check.....

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't remember what happened exactly, but I did not end up with the phone. I was on my lunch break when the transcation happened and the clerk didn't seem to know what he was doing,so I left with the intention of coming back the next day, but after thinking it over decided not to and called it in. Like I said not sure , but I didn't get the galaxy s2 lol. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.