cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi all, missed you! I'm back because I'm getting sued...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hi all, missed you! I'm back because I'm getting sued...

Thank you very much. I will of course keep the forum posted with developments.

I got my Hooters card today, and while it didn't have knockers on it after all, it did have HOOTERS in great big letters. I put $10 worth of gas in my car so it would start reporting and got the strangest look from the attendent. I think if I use it again I will stick with online purchases... Smiley Wink

Message 31 of 46
Jovian
Valued Member

I have to say this thread is a good read, it has suspense, intrigue and there's an underdog to root for. 
TU: 672 12/07/2009.....EQ: 651 11/28/2009.....EX: 650 12/07/2009(EX pulled by Lender)
Message 32 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

we'll let's hope it's not one of these contemporary films where the good guy loses and we are supposed to somehow be satisfied with it in the end... lol
Message 33 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I'm going to become a lawyer just so I can make it a point to be nice to people when I talk to them. I have the rudest most impatient attorney on the planet I think. Are they usually like this? I sure hope this is worth it. He hasn't done anything yet and I've already gotten my first bill (over $100 for him to look at my papers, and he still does not seem to fully grasp the situation). Am I just totally screwed here?
Message 34 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

if he only got $100 from you, he is a keeper. i don't know the fees in your district, but i never heard of lawyers asking less than $250 an hour and at least 2-4 hours retainers (more often than not 10).

Message Edited by demed on 11-25-2008 06:43 PM
Message 35 of 46
upinflagstaff
Frequent Contributor

I'm with demed. The last retainer that  had to pay (and I was sooooo in the right) was over $1000.00. The attorney I'm meeting with on Monday re: a CA is possibly going to go on contingency.
Message 36 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

You guys are right i guess. he is being extremely cool with the $$ side of things. maybe that's the price I will pay, and I guess that's ok...

He sent in a bunch of denials on our behalf and then told them "oh, btw, this suit is time barred so if you back off now, we won't charge you legal fees. If you decide to proceed anyway, we will countersue." We'll see what they say.

Also, on another note, I just saw another 30 pt jump on my fako, this time on EQ, who normally hates me. I am once again tempted to check my fico's to see where I'm at. I finally reached the 600 (almost 650!) club with EX and now this! It's really really happening, and the funny thing is that I haven't sent out any letters or disputes in ages!

I think I might check my scores again today, because I'm just so darned curious...

Message 37 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

VICTORY!!! SWEET SWEET VICTORY!!!

Mann Bracken, the butthole of all collection firms (at least today anyway) has dismissed their suit against me with prejudice, so they cannot try to sue me for this debt ever again!! It cost us about a grand, but it was well worth it! Those weasels sat on it for 6 weeks trying to find a way to prove their lies but they couldn't so they HAD to dismiss! HOORAY!!

Take heart FICO friends! Keep up the good fight and stand up for yourself! You have rights, PROTECT THEM!!

Message 38 of 46
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Huzzah! Nice to see you back. Did you know myFICO is offering a free EQ score for a limited time? Check the link under the Announcements on the forum's main page, you've earned it.
Message 39 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the tip! Popped over and got it real quick. No big jump like I was hoping, just 4 points, but hey I AM MAKING PROGRESS! I don't care, I'm happy. Smiley Happy
Message 40 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.