Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi everyone, noob here.

tag
ac921ol
Frequent Contributor

Hi everyone, noob here.

Just want to say hey happy to find this place.

My fico score is 689, and I seem have a collection of $837 (its on myfico report)

the collection agency is 180YC00000

how do I find out who it is?? and how much would my credit raise or what would happen if I settled this??

thanks for the help.

12/28/13 (Garden Start Date)

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
gemntheholigram
Valued Member

Re: Hi everyone, noob here.

My fico score is 689, and I seem have a collection of $837 (its on myfico report)

the collection agency is 180YC00000

how do I find out who it is?? and how much would my credit raise or what would happen if I settled this??

Settling collections are tricky. The report should give the contact info for this agency, sometimes its hard getting ahold of collections reps. If the info is not on the report, call the credit reporting agencies and do some research. I have never seen that code before. It would be fairly easy to just pay the 800 and move on but before you pay these people negotiate a pay-for-deletion. That means if you pay it then they agree to remove it from your credit report. There is alot of debate about removing things but i've seen it happen. It does take negotiation---and alot, but in the end they want their money and you want it removed from the collections account.

If you need letter templates just PM me.

As for the scores, Ive seen jumps in the 20-30s. Collections are by far the MOST important part of your report. Thats where you get the biggest jumps.

Message 2 of 18
gemntheholigram
Valued Member

It could be medical. Those are usually codes.

Message 3 of 18
ac921ol
Frequent Contributor

yes it is medical.

So I called a collection agency, Trojan (something) and they said that its a dentist from 2 years ago, I asked if I can pay it, they said, I would need to call the Dentist office, cause they still have the debt. is this odd?? how would it be on my report if its not at the actual collection agency that reported, I would have thought they'd take my money gladly.

Message 4 of 18
gemntheholigram
Valued Member

No, its not odd. Sometimes the debt can be listed twice on your report. Call that dentist asap and ask them if they have put you in collections. It sounds like there is a mix up of communications.

Message 5 of 18
ac921ol
Frequent Contributor

so then why would is it showing up on myfico report, and why did it show up when we were looking at purchasing a home. (we had another report that came up and this was the info on it.

TROJAN PROFESSIONAL SE 09/2012A 03/2010 $837 $837 $837 29 0 0 0 I9B
11227198560545085 --/---- 1X 06/2010, Charged Off EXP/TUC/EQX
+ TROJAN PROFESSIONAL SE 3980214
4410 Cerritos Ave, Los Alamitos, CA 90720 714-220-6716

Message 6 of 18
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@ac921ol wrote:

so then why would is it showing up on myfico report, and why did it show up when we were looking at purchasing a home. (we had another report that came up and this was the info on it.

TROJAN PROFESSIONAL SE 09/2012A 03/2010 $837 $837 $837 29 0 0 0 I9B
11227198560545085 --/---- 1X 06/2010, Charged Off EXP/TUC/EQX
+ TROJAN PROFESSIONAL SE 3980214
4410 Cerritos Ave, Los Alamitos, CA 90720 714-220-6716

I would say that you should go to the Dentist Office, and check with them to make sure that the account is really owed... and pay them!

Keep a copy of the receipt or cancelled check!...     Then you can dispute the accuracy with the Credit Reporting Agency, I would do this via snail mail.  

Afeter you have paid, I would write a letter of dispute asking the Credit Reporting Bureau to delete the information because it is inaccurate, there is not a debt owed to this collection agency. 

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 7 of 18
gemntheholigram
Valued Member

What that means is that you owed the dentist- didnt pay them- they sold the debt to a collections agency.

Now you have to negotiate with the collection agency to get it paid and removed, its called Pay for Deletion. Paying the dentist wont help any at this point. If the person who answered the phone at the Collection agency is giving you slack, call the dentist and ask them about it. But sadly, after the dentist reported it as a bad debt and it got sent to collections then the dentist is sadly out of the picture and now the only people who can help is the Collection Agency and the three CRAs.

You can send that collection agency a ton of letters in the mail and call them. Its a pain to get collections cleared but totally worth it in the end.

PM me if you need more info.

Message 8 of 18
ac921ol
Frequent Contributor

alright, so by steps

1. go by dentist office confirm they still have debt.

a. what if they dont

2. have a picture of cancelled check and report it to the credit reporting agency.

3. then send a letter to the Credit Reporting Bureau saying they need to delete the because its inaccurate.

the Credit reporting agency, i would assume at this point that is Trojan, and I hit them with snail mail and the photo of the cancelled check.

who is the Credit Reporting Bureau, and how or who do I talk to there once Im done with Trojan? or is that the end of the road when trojan gets it off.

thanks for the help. better half will be happy this is off my report and hopefully itll raise me up above the 700 mark so we can get a better rate on our 2nd home.

WOOT WOOT

Message 9 of 18
ac921ol
Frequent Contributor

when I called the agency they said I cant pay it and Id need to pay the dentist, I still havent given them a ring yet, I will on my way home to verify with the dentist if they reported it or not. if they did report it, why would the collection agency tell me that id need to pay the dentist and not the agency that the dentist supposively sent it too.

Smiley Frustrated

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.