cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi ! i need an advice for my state taxes lien .

tag
cuti
Regular Contributor

Hi ! i need an advice for my state taxes lien .

First of all im sorry for my english and hope you all understand the way im writting lol . im a long time reader from myfico forum , im read every night and learn alot form all the smart people in this forum , today i need an advice to rebuild my credit . I have old state tax lien back on 2011 in ohio , and now i just paid it off , the quenstion is : this state taxes lien never show on my report , so should i file release with cleck of court , if this never appear on my credit report . im scare if i file a release with cleck of court , this is automatic show on my report . p.s im no longer live in ohio , i move to VA few years ago . PLease give me advice and thanks for all the help from the past .

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
cuti
Regular Contributor

Re: Hi ! i need an advice for my state taxes lien .

pump

Message 2 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Whether you file a release or not, it is still possible for it to show up at one time or another.

The courts nor the CRAs add them to your CR.  3rd parties search public records and if it is there, there is a good possibilty for it to be added.

Can you check your states online system to see if it shows up in the records?

Message 3 of 4
cuti
Regular Contributor

thanks GUINESS56 ... by the way can i ask one more question ??? if i dont file a release with cleck of court , leave it alone even i paid off my debt , is there any problem in the future ??? im no longer live in the state i have taxes lien , so can they still give me problem later ??? thanks in advance for all the answer .

@guiness56 wrote:

Whether you file a release or not, it is still possible for it to show up at one time or another.

The courts nor the CRAs add them to your CR.  3rd parties search public records and if it is there, there is a good possibilty for it to be added.

Can you check your states online system to see if it shows up in the records?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.