Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi! new to the fourms and have a question about my CR

tag
khw
Regular Contributor

Hi! new to the fourms and have a question about my CR

Hello all,

My name is Hope and I've been lurking on here for a few weeks and have learned a lot but still have a question I haven't found the answer for yet.. 

First I'll give you a little background on my credit in case that helps.. When I was 20 (I'm 27 now) I ended up in the hospital for two weeks with no insurance and racked up some BIG bills, I tried to make payments but betweens the DR's, hospital and lab bills I couldn't make big enough payments on all of them to keep them off my credit reports.  Now almost 7 years later they are all gone but two small collections that will drop off my CR in Sept and Nov of this year. Aside from that I have never been late or over the limit on anything on my CR, except for one Capital One card 5 years ago I was  60 days late because of the fact I was moving to a new state and missed my payment and then while waiting for my first paycheck and mailing my payment end I missed the next payment, after that I became current and have never been a second late or over the limit with that card, I still have it and they have lowered my interest rate and raised my CL a few times since then and I always pay more then my min payment. 

So the question is, is there anything I can do to get Cap One to remove this late payment on my CR's two years early since I've have such a perfect history with them and everyone else since then? I've thought about writing a letter but since I still hold the card will that even have a chance of working?  If there is what do I say and do?   

My current credit scores are an 685 with transunion and a 694 equifax , I'm working on paying off all my CC's by the end of summer which I hope will raise my CS and after Nov I plan on buying a house and it would sure help a lot to have my CR 100% perfect when I apply for a loan.

Thanks  in advance for the help! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 480-550 in 2005
Current Score: 761 TU/764 EQ - 08/1/2013 /754 EX 12/15/12
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Bcunniff9
Regular Contributor

Re: Hi! new to the fourms and have a question about my CR

Research Good WIll letters

BK7 Filed | 3/25/2016 | EQ: 530 | EX: 526 | TU: 505
BK7 Discharged | 7/11/2016 | EQ: 535 | EX: 574 | TU: 506
Current FICO 8’s 10/28/2017 | EQ: 680 | EX: 680 | TU: 665
Message 2 of 3
khw
Regular Contributor

Re: Hi! new to the fourms and have a question about my CR

Thanks for the tip! Has anyone had any luck with Cap One, should I call or send a letter or both?

When I call what should I say? Should I call it a goodwill request? Sorry for all the questions but I like to plan out what I'm going to say when I call people like this Smiley Happy

Thanks again!

Starting Score: 480-550 in 2005
Current Score: 761 TU/764 EQ - 08/1/2013 /754 EX 12/15/12
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.