Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High Acheiver wanna-be....

tag
tomfromrictmame
Frequent Contributor

Re: High Acheiver wanna-be....

The oldest 30 day late (from Dec 2007) should fall off no later than 6/2015 (7.5 years).  Each one will then fall off progressively.  It's not unusual to see them fall off at 7 years, and some CRA's do entertain goodwill removals over the phone (be careful not to dispute) several months earlier than that.

AMEX Platinum NPSL | BofA Cash Rewards Visa $50K | NFCU Sig Visa $27K | Chase Marriott Rewards Visa $25K | AMEX Delta Skymiles $25K | BofA Sig Visa $25K | First Tech Odyssey MC $25K | AMEX HHonors Surpass $23K | Chase United Club Unlimited Visa $20K | Barclays AAdvantage WMC $17K | NFCU LOC $15K | NASA Platinum Visa $15K| NFCU Sig Visa $14K
Message 11 of 13
BigBS
Senior Contributor

My scores were the same stuck in the mid-700s.  I happened to go through some old files and found an EQ report I pulled back in 2008 after my circumstances had changed and it showed when my accounts would turn positive.  According to the report, my CC should have turned positive in Dec 2013 and it did and I saw about a 20 point jump in score.  My mortgage won't turn positive until June of 2015, but the lates have started falling off and my CS is beginning to increase again.  Incidentally, changes to positive accounts were less than 7 years (6-1/2) from the date the late had occurred.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 12 of 13
buyhouse36
Regular Contributor

@BigBS wrote:

My scores were the same stuck in the mid-700s.  I happened to go through some old files and found an EQ report I pulled back in 2008 after my circumstances had changed and it showed when my accounts would turn positive.  According to the report, my CC should have turned positive in Dec 2013 and it did and I saw about a 20 point jump in score.  My mortgage won't turn positive until June of 2015, but the lates have started falling off and my CS is beginning to increase again.  Incidentally, changes to positive accounts were less than 7 years (6-1/2) from the date the late had occurred.

Well...that is good news!!!!  That means these should start to fall off MID-2014!!!!

I still have a copy of the report the mortgage company pulled. I will double check for fall off dates. 

Thanks everyone!

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.