Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High Fico with a Judgment?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

High Fico with a Judgment?

Anyone improve their FICO to 700 plus with a satisfied judgment on their report. I had a friend tell me that I will only see small improvements until my paid judgment falls off in 2018! He said he doesn't belive you could have a 700 plus score with a negative item like a judgment on your credit report.

I am really not sure myself, so I thought I would ask.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Cheshiregrl
Contributor

Re: High Fico with a Judgment?

My hubby has a total of four outstanding tax liens reporting between the three cras and right now he has a high score of 703 and low of 683. I'm positive you can hit 700 especially since it seems your judgement is considered old. Of course the key is how the rest of your credit looks but you didn't provide detail.

Starting Score:MyFico EQ 651 6/14
MyFico TU 676 7/14
MyFico EX 670 8/14
Current 3-bureau score watch 3/15:EQ 736 EX 687 TU 783
Message 2 of 10
eric19k
Established Contributor

Since the judgement is satisfied have you tried request removing it?
TU Scores:
May 2014- 466
July 2014- 537
September 2014- 602
Goal Scores- 720 by March 2014
Message 3 of 10
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

That and the fact that people are in the 700's with BK reporting as a public record as well.  I have one of each. A 2yr old Judgment and recent BK and my scores only 3 months post BK discharge are in the mid- to high 600's.  Depending on the rest of your report as mentioned, you definitely can be in the 700's with a Judgement.  A classic case of YMMV

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 4 of 10
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

@eric19k wrote:
Since the judgement is satisfied have you tried request removing it?

I have tried several times to have it removed by dispute and no luck. Its paid and of a decent amount, 16k, but the courts keep verifiyng the info. Its from BoA.  Wonder if the OP has any luck with older judgement.

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 5 of 10
eric19k
Established Contributor

Please search this forum for early threads for successful judgement removal. I know people were posting earlier
TU Scores:
May 2014- 466
July 2014- 537
September 2014- 602
Message 6 of 10
eric19k
Established Contributor

You should probably contact court and see how they can help. There should be a small fee. Not sure
TU Scores:
May 2014- 466
July 2014- 537
September 2014- 602
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow! Glad to know!

The judgment and some late payments on a few accounts are the negative things appearing on my credit report at this time.  I have not had any late payments since moving to a higher paying job 2 months ago. Hopefully on-time payments and paying of credit card balances before the statement dates should help.

Thank you for the encouragement! Perhaps by the time that judgment falls off in 2018, I can be close to seeing my 700 plus goal!

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're not going to remove it through the dispute process, you need to go through the court where it was issued. In some jurisdictions you can vacate a jugdement thats satisfied as long as the plaintiff does not object. Depends on your states rules.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, thanks! I will look into further. For the state of PA, everything I read looked like I was stuck with it!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.