Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High Utilization This Month

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

High Utilization This Month

Two of my cards reported really high balances, I was expecting a major score hit but I only lost 15 points. One of my cards was at 97% utilization and the other was at 60%, my overall utilization was 61%. When I initially improved my utilization I gained over 50 points so I assumed that I would lose about the same, but I'm glad I didn't.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
mamatried
Contributor

Re: High Utilization This Month

Sometimes the reaction isn't instantaneous. I'm not really sure why. I'd still work to get those util down down down. 

12/23/14: 536 | 4/4/18 714
MAJORS: Chase Slate, Amex Blue, Citi American Airlines, Gap Visa, Cap1 QS, Southwest, AQHA BOA, Discover, Chase Freedom, Citi Best Buy, Cap1 Platinum, BuyPower GM, US Bank H-D STORE Macy's, VS, Home Depot, Old Navy, Kohl's, J Crew, Venus, Care Credit, PayPal Credit LOANS Ally Auto, Prosper, American Financial Resources Home Mortgage (USDA Rural Development)
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bet it was a relief to know your previous hard work, didn't completely vanish!!!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am definitely doing to get it down, I've been using my cards to pay off collections (pfd) and this month my comission came after my card statement date. So, they will be back down next month. I was just happy that the most I lost was 15 points. Now, what I was hoping to see in getting the pfd's was a score increase but I haven't seen any movement from there. I went from 9 collections to 2 on one and 3 on the others, no change in score from those deletions.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.