cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highest Fingerhut CL? (Fingerhut Review)

tag
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: Highest Fingerhut CL? (Fingerhut Review)

@jbishop1001 wrote:

If you're nervous about it - you can apply for Fresh Start. You pay $30 for a $200 limit... buy something .... pay it off right away. You should graduate to a revolving account by doing this once or twice.... only thing is that the Fresh Start shows up as an installment loan - so without paying it off right away, you might actually ding your credit. You can see my scores below, I was approved for the regular revolving account. It's worth a shot. I'm definately happy about risking the inquiry. (They do a hard pull, I can get back to you on which CRA's if you need me to)

Hmm, I have a freshstart program, and I was told that I was paying it off too quickly and to slow it down if I wanted to qualify for the revolving line, which I will make the final payment on this month. I don't know how much it's going to upgrade when it does but I have always paid way more than what's due. I'm anxious to see what my revolving line will be.

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 11 of 73
murph41

I started with a 300 credit line and now at 1900 before 1 year is even was up

Message 12 of 73
Ragelog
Established Contributor

I believe I started at $600 back in January bought a Center Speaker paid it off in 2 months received a Auto CLI to $1200. I haven't bought anything since I will likely buy something for my kids birthday soon enough as it is my largest Tradeline at the moment. Once I no longer need the Credit Line for utilization I will let it sit rarely use it as paying interest on top of paying above MSRP isn't wise but I knew that going in and needed revolving trade lines to get things improving.

EQ04 675, EQ08 676, EX08 719, TU08 703 $12704.75/$123050 Revolving Credit (All 0% or 1.99%) - In Garden Since 5/25/2016

Last negative item should fall off in July 2017.
Message 13 of 73
dobirdsmommy
Established Contributor

I am currently sitting at 2100 and my husband has 2000

building since 2011 Wallet:ME: Walmart 3k;Barclays Rewards 10k, Venture 18k; Slate 5k; Freedom 10k; overstock 4.8k, SGV2.5k; WEMC 20k 1.5 Rewards, Gamestop 1.2k, Fingerhut 3k; 2 NMAC Leases , VS 1.75k, BH 1.62k, Express 1.6k, Avenue 1.75k, JCrew 5k, HSN 1.47k, Torrid 1.55k, Roamans 1.4k, Jessica London 1.54k, kings direct 1.7k, Buckle 1.4k, WW 1.65k, ........ baddies:Fed Tax Lien
DH: 1750 capital one fh 2000, AU - VS, BH, HSN, WEMC, SPGV. Freedom, Slate, Venture, Barclays
Message 14 of 73
jbishop1001
Frequent Contributor

whitneyy,

If you read the terms and conditions on Fingerhut's website - it says paying off the balance in full before your statement comes out will disqualify you. Let me see if I can find a quote...

Credit Card Account: When you obtain an Installment Loan, you request that we consider you for a WebBank/Fingerhut Advantage Credit Account that you can use for future purposes, and that we send you a credit card or account number if you are approved. If you pay off your initial Installment Loan purchase within 6 payments or earlier with no instance of late payments, we will issue a WebBank/Fingerhut Advantage Credit Account to you. However, if you elect to pay your entire balance due at the same time as your down payment, then this will cancel your Loan and you will not be eligible to be considered for a WebBank/Fingerhut Advantage Credit Account. You will not be eligible to be considered for a WebBank/Fingerhut Advantage Credit Account if you die, file for bankruptcy, enter a consumer credit counseling service program, make any past due payments, or have any payments returned unpaid, or if you enter any other negative credit status.

I've read reviews on Credit Karma from people who paid off their items within 2-3 payments and received the revolving line automatically. Here's Fingerhut's full terms and conditions: http://www.fingerhut.com/custserv/custserv.jsp?pageName=CreditTC

Starting Fico 8 Score: 571 EQ - 574 EX 605 TU Current Fico 8: 695 EQ 677 EX 709 TU
Message 15 of 73
jbishop1001
Frequent Contributor

How much did you spend on your item?

I'm just curious because I didn't know if using more of the credit gets you more credit - or if they're just concentrating in a payment in full before consideration. I only used $60 of my $300 limit and I went to $600 after my first payment of $15. Granted, I placed another order - so I'm not sure what prompted the CLI.

My balance is now $150/$600 so I'm wondering when my next CLI might happen. $1200 would be nice.

Starting Fico 8 Score: 571 EQ - 574 EX 605 TU Current Fico 8: 695 EQ 677 EX 709 TU
Message 16 of 73
afr4life06
Contributor

I opened my in December. I was shocked to get the 1300 limit. I guess they just want to tempt me to spend more lol.

Starting Score: 525 TU 515 EX 510 EQ Oct '13
Current Score: 644 TU(Oct 14) 678 EX(Oct 2014) 684 EQ (Oct'14)
Goal Score: 700 and a Home in 1yr

Message 17 of 73
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@jbishop1001 wrote:

whitneyy,

If you read the terms and conditions on Fingerhut's website - it says paying off the balance in full before your statement comes out will disqualify you. Let me see if I can find a quote...

Credit Card Account: When you obtain an Installment Loan, you request that we consider you for a WebBank/Fingerhut Advantage Credit Account that you can use for future purposes, and that we send you a credit card or account number if you are approved. If you pay off your initial Installment Loan purchase within 6 payments or earlier with no instance of late payments, we will issue a WebBank/Fingerhut Advantage Credit Account to you. However, if you elect to pay your entire balance due at the same time as your down payment, then this will cancel your Loan and you will not be eligible to be considered for a WebBank/Fingerhut Advantage Credit Account. You will not be eligible to be considered for a WebBank/Fingerhut Advantage Credit Account if you die, file for bankruptcy, enter a consumer credit counseling service program, make any past due payments, or have any payments returned unpaid, or if you enter any other negative credit status.

I've read reviews on Credit Karma from people who paid off their items within 2-3 payments and received the revolving line automatically. Here's Fingerhut's full terms and conditions: http://www.fingerhut.com/custserv/custserv.jsp?pageName=CreditTC

I haven't paid my balance in full, just double each month and this month makes the final month that I have a balance thats small so I decided to pay it. I read to do 2-3 payments too that's why I was doing it like that before the lady said I was paying it too quickly.

Message 18 of 73
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@jbishop1001 wrote:

How much did you spend on your item?

I'm just curious because I didn't know if using more of the credit gets you more credit - or if they're just concentrating in a payment in full before consideration. I only used $60 of my $300 limit and I went to $600 after my first payment of $15. Granted, I placed another order - so I'm not sure what prompted the CLI.

My balance is now $150/$600 so I'm wondering when my next CLI might happen. $1200 would be nice.

$56 out of $230. 

Message 19 of 73
A_Noob
Contributor

Which CRAs do they pull from?

My Fico EQ: 749
My Fico TU: 754
My Fico EX: 753

Goal: 800
Message 20 of 73
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.