cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highest Fingerhut CL? (Fingerhut Review)

tag
zebrastripes123

Re: Highest Fingerhut CL? (Fingerhut Review)

Yes, Whitneyy, I was using it.   I buy things (sometimes things that may cost considerably less elsewhere, but hey, it helps my credit score)  and pay the full balance or near it on average.   Also, they report regularly.  I pay by the statement day most of the time.  It has helped me significantly.  Pray to The Living God and ask should you do it.  I like it.

Message 41 of 73
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@zebrastripes123 wrote:

Yes, Whitneyy, I was using it.   I buy things (sometimes things that may cost considerably less elsewhere, but hey, it helps my credit score)  and pay the full balance or near it on average.   Also, they report regularly.  I pay by the statement day most of the time.  It has helped me significantly.  Pray to The Living God and ask should you do it.  I like it.

I just was curious if I should always pay more than the minumum or exactly the minimum to keep getting increases. I'll pay more than the minimum for three months, and on the 4th payment, pay it off, what do you think of that? 

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 42 of 73
zebrastripes123

I'm not certain.  It depends upon how much of your credit line you're utilizing.   I don't think you should pay the minimum payment.    Your idea doesn't sound bad.   I guess if you were buying $300 in merchandise and splitting it into 4 payments, it may yield a quick CL increase.

Message 43 of 73
toi34
Established Contributor

@Whitneyy: I started with the Fresh Start last June 2013, paid that off AFTER the statement cut ( let it report), a few days later I was "graduated" to the CC with a limit of $300 (or $350, I forget which), three months later it was auto CLI to $550, then after 6 months it was auto CLI to $850, and then two weeks later auto CLI again to $1050. I've used the card twice, and one of those times was the Fresh Start purchase. With Fingerhut its YMMV I guess.

Message 44 of 73
MakeItAMudLight
Frequent Contributor

Mine got up to $2,350 before I stopped using it.  

Message 45 of 73
Cheryla18
Established Contributor

I just app'd for mine last Friday and it has a CL of $700.00. Still waiting on the card to come in. I did call to ask for a higher CL because I wanted to buy a kitchen table...but they said NO GO....so I will just buy something small and  wait for my automatic increases

Current as of 3/21/18 EQ 609 TU 619 EX 628
Discharge 7/2016 Ch 7 BK
Message 46 of 73
itgirl74
Frequent Contributor

I made a $52 purchase the other day. I'm hoping to pay that off before the statement cuts (I don't want it showing 21% utilization), so hopefully I'll still be eligible for a CLI. I'm not buying anything else until I move in 2 months. Every new item is something else I have to pack and lug 2000 miles.

Starting Score: EQ: 478 | EX: 499 | TU: 534 Current Score:EQ: 759 | EX: 805 | TU: 830 Goal Score: 800
Message 47 of 73
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@MakeItAMudLight wrote:

Mine got up to $2,350 before I stopped using it.  

Did they decrease it since?

Message 48 of 73
MakeItAMudLight
Frequent Contributor

They haven't so far.  Periodically they send me something reminding me I have availabe credit.

Message 49 of 73
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@MakeItAMudLight wrote:

They haven't so far.  Periodically they send me something reminding me I have availabe credit.

I would love a line that big that doesn't decrease from them. I brought something on my new revolving account and plan to pay it off and never really use fingerhut again, so we will see what happens

Message 50 of 73
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.