Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hipaa sucess lately???

tag
montana586
Regular Contributor

Hipaa sucess lately???

Ive been reading the medical threads like the bible for a while doing as much homework as I can bcuz that's the only thing I have bad on my CR's. Im really considering following the hipaa process but as ive been reading I found a thread where SHOGUN stated that the CA's are finding a way to water it down so that they can get around it and honestly I haven't read any recent stories of sucess with the process so my question is is anyone still having sucess with it? Im literally on this site everyday I have become obsessed with proving to myself and the world that im worthy of credit.... Also to make clear im aware of the rules as far as discussing the process on the forums and only asking for recent sucess stories

Starting Score: 675EQ 698 TU
Current Score: 698TU 675EQ
Goal Score: 720+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

EQ fico 675
Trans Fico 698
EX662
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: Hipaa sucess lately???

About three months ago I sent TU, which I have heard is the easiest, a HIPAA letter for 5 medical accounts that were in included in my BK and they removed all 5. Good luck.

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 2 of 7
montana586
Regular Contributor

Thank u

EQ fico 675
Trans Fico 698
EX662
Message 3 of 7
Jess421
Contributor

I tried to dispute with the credit agencies and they came back verified.  I also sent the collection agencies DV letters which they then sent me verification.  They sent billing that had what I had done on it from the hospital so I used that to my advantage.  I contact BBB and filed a complaint using HIPPA stating it was in violation of my rights.  I stated now this company knows what I had done and I never authorized release of my medical information to this collection agency.  I received a response from BBB stating that the collection agency was removing the information and selling the account back to the hospital. So HIppa worked for me.  Now I am going to try to get the hospital to settle the debt I owe so it doesnt come back to me later.

Starting Score: CK 519 FICO 498
Current Score: 2/26/13 FICO 590 TU FAKO 639
Goal Score: 650

Message 4 of 7
montana586
Regular Contributor

Nice very wise@ jess421

EQ fico 675
Trans Fico 698
EX662
Message 5 of 7
BS3
New Contributor

Jess421, what did they list in the verification?  I have a letter from the CA showing the drug codes I received during surgery & break out of charges. All of which I can pull up to see what they are. 

Message 6 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

There is no HIPAA violation for a CA to have your information.  They are a covered entity under HIPAA laws and regulations.  As long as they sent YOU the information no violation has occured.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.