Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hippa Process Question

tag
raine22
Regular Contributor

Hippa Process Question

Can you re-do the Hippa Process once you've already tried it (2 years ago) and the item was verified at that time.  Would it make sense to re-try the whole process?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Re: Hippa Process Question

Yes you can try again, but hey what do i know. They seem to think that the hipaa process is not as affective as previously thought.

Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 2 of 6
raine22
Regular Contributor

It worked very well for me a couple of years ago with EQ, but I never had it work with EX and I was so burnt out with it all I just let it all go for awhile.  Needless to say I'm back at it and working on EX again.  I have 5 paid med collections still sitting on my CR since 2004.  I'm hoping maybe it will work with EX this time around.  Can't hurt to try I guess.

Message 3 of 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@raine22 wrote:

It worked very well for me a couple of years ago with EQ, but I never had it work with EX and I was so burnt out with it all I just let it all go for awhile.  Needless to say I'm back at it and working on EX again.  I have 5 paid med collections still sitting on my CR since 2004.  I'm hoping maybe it will work with EX this time around.  Can't hurt to try I guess.

There's nothing wrong with trying but if those collections are from 2004 their impact is lessening all the time. But I understand completely about wanting all negative items gone.

Collections are usually reported for 7.5 years from the DOFD on the OC account but sometimes drop off earlier. In fact if some of them went to collections in very early 2004 that means the DOFD was probably the last few months of 2003. If so the removal date would be approximately April. May, perhaps June of 2011. If you know the exact DOFD you can tell when they'll be deleted.

From a BK years ago to:

9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800
4/10 TU -772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 4 of 6
raine22
Regular Contributor

Yes, a couple will drop off  April 2011 and the other three will fall off May 2012.  I am trying to clean up the EX credit report and since they have all been paid for quite some time, I thought possibly the Hippa Process may work the second time around.  I'm applying for a home construction loan in July and would like to see a clean report with the best scores possible.   I'm not exactly sure how much they are hurting me, if at all, as you say they are older paid collections.  I have no idea what my Experian score is at this point, only EX FAKO which is of no use.  I am hoping to clean up EX in order that I have at least a 680 Fico Score.  Therefore, EQ and EX would be one of my mid-line scores.  I'm trying to consider TU being the lowest score since my AAoA is much shorter with them.  TU dropped a good tradeline (JC Penny's) that shouldn't have fallen off due to the 10 year mark yet.. 

I thought about requesting to have the tradeline put back onto my credit file with TU but I can't find an CR from when they had it reporting and I believe that is the only way to have them add it back into my file.

Message 5 of 6
soxcited
New Contributor

@raine22 wrote:

Yes, a couple will drop off  April 2011 and the other three will fall off May 2012.  I am trying to clean up the EX credit report and since they have all been paid for quite some time, I thought possibly the Hippa Process may work the second time around.  I'm applying for a home construction loan in July and would like to see a clean report with the best scores possible.   I'm not exactly sure how much they are hurting me, if at all, as you say they are older paid collections.  I have no idea what my Experian score is at this point, only EX FAKO which is of no use.  I am hoping to clean up EX in order that I have at least a 680 Fico Score.  Therefore, EQ and EX would be one of my mid-line scores.  I'm trying to consider TU being the lowest score since my AAoA is much shorter with them.  TU dropped a good tradeline (JC Penny's) that shouldn't have fallen off due to the 10 year mark yet.. 

I thought about requesting to have the tradeline put back onto my credit file with TU but I can't find an CR from when they had it reporting and I believe that is the only way to have them add it back into my file.

So can a 10+ yo TL be put back onto the credit file? If i understood you correctly to do this you have to contact the CRA not the OC? 

Starting Score: 540
Current Score: 706
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.