Reply
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 309
Registered: ‎04-04-2012
0

Re: Hippa letters


RGT wrote:

Ah, thank you.  You prefer this process and it is quicker?  How do I go about it?   I have two medical issues, very small (under $100), on an flawless credit record.  Actually, I didn't even know they were there until i  was applying for a car loan.  I would appreciate any advice that you can offer.  


How old are the medical collections?  Are they beyond the statute of limitations in your state?  Which credit reporting agencies are they showing on?

 

Moderator
Posts: 13,571
Registered: ‎04-15-2011
0

Re: Hippa letters

Hello and welcome to the forums.  Below are a couple of links that will help familiarize yourself with the process.  Good Luck!

 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/User-Guidelines-General/Common-Abbreviations/td-p/88458

 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/What-Steps-Do-I-Take-Do-I-DV-PFD/td-p/337142



Starting Score: 504




July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!
RGT
New Member
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎10-11-2012
0

Re: Hippa letters

The issues are from 11/2011 and 02/2010, so fairly recent.  Both are and have been paid.  

They are showing up on Experian.

I do not know the limitations.  One was from MI and the other from FL.  

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 309
Registered: ‎04-04-2012
0

Re: Hippa letters


RGT wrote:

The issues are from 11/2011 and 02/2010, so fairly recent.  Both are and have been paid.  

They are showing up on Experian.

I do not know the limitations.  One was from MI and the other from FL.  


Have you tried disputing it as paid on Experian?  It may or may not work but it's quick and easy to try.

 

I'd start with sending them a good will letter asking them to remove it.  If that doesn't work, try HIPPA.

RGT
New Member
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎10-11-2012
0

Re: Hippa letters

Can you tell me about PFD?   Where do I find out how to do this?  Does it work?

Member
Posts: 7
Registered: ‎04-04-2013
0

Re: Hippa letters

Can someone please tell me where can I find a sample copy of a HIPPA letter to send to a doctor who have violated my rights sending the collection agency my bill with the service provided.

Epic Contributor
Posts: 22,406
Registered: ‎01-17-2008
0

Re: Hippa letters


kazmax wrote:

Can someone please tell me where can I find a sample copy of a HIPPA letter to send to a doctor who have violated my rights sending the collection agency my bill with the service provided.


That is not a violation of HIPAA.  A 3rd party CA is a covered entity and the doctor can send it to them.  The CA can only send it to you and no one else.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,607
Registered: ‎01-12-2014
0

Re: Hippa letters

 


guiness56 wrote:

kazmax wrote:

Can someone please tell me where can I find a sample copy of a HIPPA letter to send to a doctor who have violated my rights sending the collection agency my bill with the service provided.


That is not a violation of HIPAA.  A 3rd party CA is a covered entity and the doctor can send it to them.  The CA can only send it to you and no one else.


I realize this is an old thread, but I have a question...  If the CA can send the information only to you, does that mean they can't report it to the CRAs?

 

I have an old collection acount showing from a dentist bill that insurance aparently didn't pay.

    
        
Epic Contributor
Posts: 22,406
Registered: ‎01-17-2008
0

Re: Hippa letters

Yes, they can report the debt to the CRAs. It would be coded as a medical. When I stated "only be sent to you", I was referring to the billing itemization that would list all the procedures, etc that you had done. Those cannot be sent to anyone but you.
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,607
Registered: ‎01-12-2014
0

Re: Hippa letters


guiness56 wrote:
Yes, they can report the debt to the CRAs. It would be coded as a medical. When I stated "only be sent to you", I was referring to the billing itemization that would list all the procedures, etc that you had done. Those cannot be sent to anyone but you.

OK thank you.  I am worried about this now, because I disputed the debt with EX and TU and I think I may have messed up.  My credit report shows the account is scheduled to be removed 9/2015.  I live in Georgia where I believe the SOL is 6 years.  So if my math is correct it looks like the SOL isn't up untill March.  I hope the CRA disputes do not cause the CA to sue me at the last minute.

 

Does that math look correct to you?  If it is March when the SOL runs out, is that March 1st or March 31st?

    
        
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.