Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hippa return from OC

tag
tblank65
New Contributor

Hippa return from OC

I was on my last part of Hippa and got a response from OC stating we disagree with the allegations made." We are not in violation of privacy rights. Information for coding,billing and collections of accounts is not subject to privacy restrictions in HIPPA regulations. Your account will stand as is! please contact Action Collection Services   Thank You  Kim E  Financial services............ok....where do I go now with this 
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Hippa return from OC

Is this med collection reporting as paid on your reports?
Message 2 of 4
tblank65
New Contributor

I paid the OC both bills on the 2 seperate accounts with the endorsed check for deposit only by......in which they did deposit ....then sent the HIPPA letter to the OC and got this response from the OC and it only shows partial payment because of CA interest accrued 

Message 3 of 4
bigtim
Frequent Contributor

From the Health and Human Services Department:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does the HIPAA Privacy Rule prevent reporting to consumer credit reporting agencies or otherwise create any conflict with the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)?
Answer:
No. The Privacy Rule’s definition of “payment” includes disclosures to consumer reporting agencies. These disclosures, however, are limited to the following protected health information about the individual: name and address; date of birth; social security number; payment history; and account number. In addition, disclosure of the name and address of the health care provider or health plan making the report is allowed. The covered entity may perform this payment activity directly, or may carry out this function through a third party, such as a collection agency, under a business associate arrangement.

The Privacy Rule permits uses and disclosures by the covered entity or its business associate as may be required by the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) or other law. Therefore, the Department does not believe there is a conflict between the Privacy Rule and legal duties imposed on data furnishers by FCRA.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you pull your credit report from Experian, you'll also find this:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Important Message From Experian:

By law, we cannot disclose certain medical information (relating to physical, mental, or behavioral health or condition).
Although we do not generally collect such information, it could appear in the name of a data furnisher (i.e., "Cancer
Center) that reports your payment history to us. If so, those names display in your report, but in reports to others they
display only as MEDICAL PAYMENT DATA. Consumer statements included on your report at your request that
contain medical information are disclosed to others.

Message Edited by bigtim on 08-07-2009 05:44 PM
---------------------------------------------------------------
Recent Cards:
12/2012 - Discover (ICL 3,375 CLI to 5,375 05/2014)
12/2013 - Chase Freedom (ICL 3,500 ACLI to 4,500 07/2014)
03/2012 - Gander Mountain MC (WFNNB) 7,000 CL
04/2012 - Ace Rewards Visa (US Bank) 12,000 CL
Back to gardening for a year or two
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.