Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiring Attorneys?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hiring Attorneys?

Should you hire an attorney for disputing credit issues?  Do they have more leverage or options to help?  I hired the following company. At the same time I wrote letters and disputed several items on my own. I won the disputes and have a few more things to clear up but they are valid. I'd only be asking for mercy..

https://www.lexingtonlaw.com/

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hiring Attorneys?

Lexington Law, if I remember correctly, aren't attorneys. You can ask for goodwill just as well as they can.

IMO, the only time it's worth it to hire a lawyer is in high stakes settlement negotiations (ie, tens of thousands of dollars or more).
Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Hiring Attorneys?

Credit repair organizations, regardless of whether they are attorneys, are specifically exempted from filing direct disputes on behalf of consumers.

The implementing rules for the direct dispute process, set forth at 16 CFR 660.4, additionally permit a furnisher to dismiss any direct dispute without investigation if they have any indication that the consumer received assistance in the preparation of a direct dispute by a credit repair organization, including the use of any forms provided by the CRO.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.