Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Historical Account Information - Amount Past Due

tag
tufa4311
Established Contributor

Historical Account Information - Amount Past Due

All,

After finally getting Cap One to delete my one 30-Day Late I had I went to check all 3 credit reports just to confirm it was gone from them all. What I found was that on EQ the Capital One Account was listed as "Paid as Agreed", the Payment History for all months was "OK" (it was actually just green, but same thing), but EQ was the only one to have something called "Historical Account Information" which lists every month and has all the following info with it (see below). Here is does list the amount of my one late payment in the "Amount Past Due" column. So while the credit score no longer takes the Late into account, and the Payment History shows all months as Paid As Agreed, the Historical Account Information shows that one month's Amount Past Due. Now, I dont know what the standard is for this Amount Past Due in the Historical Account Information is - is it simply that it was past the due date but not necassarily 30-days past due...I dk

Will banks or any other creditors see this? I assume they will. Will they take it into account? I dk, comments?

Balance

Scheduled Payment Amount

Actual Payment Amount

Date of Last Payment

High Credit

Credit Limit

****Amount Past Due****** (astricts added)

Type of LoanActivity Designator

796 TU FICO 08 (08/2018)
758 TU FICO 08 (01/12/2016)
753 TU FICO 08 (11/21/2015)
740: EQ Score Power (Beacon 5.0) FICO 04 (01/23/2015)
755 TU FICO 08 (01/21/2015)
652 TU Lender Pull (06/10/2014)
665 TU FICO 08 (05/21/2014)
Goal: 800+
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

Re: Historical Account Information - Amount Past Due

I had the same ? yesterday, interested in the response you get. I have some that were past the due date but not enough to get a 30 day late but it shows scheduled amount $25 and for actual amount paid says $0!
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 2 of 17
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

You are correct in the distinction between account delinquency and reportable lates to a CRA.

FICO does not score all account delinquencies, only those in which the delinquency extends for at least 30 days past billing due date.

That level of human perfection is not the standard for risk analysis of future probability of delinquency.

Yes, if one wished to go into the level of detail of comparison of actual vs minimum payment amount, one might determine that a payment was late.

For the same reason they are not scored, I doubt that a creditor would give it much if any credence in a manual review.

It is more a basis for a creditor increasing your interests rates based on delinquency than one of risk of repayment analysis.

Watch out if you have a lower introductory interest rate on portion of an account.........it may be poof!

It also establishes a new or first DOFD if the account was previously in good standing, which will remain until a new first delinquency occurs.

Reported 30-lates are not necessarily your DOFD.

Message 3 of 17
tufa4311
Established Contributor

So what it looks like is that the overdue wasn't actually deleted, but nore like no longer reported. I assume that the database that holds this info has different files and while the historical info is kept in one file, the monthly payements are kept in another and that's what is used the determine a credit score. They are obv still reporting a late, just not necassary a 30-Day late.

Should I worry about? Is it worth trying to get it removed? I would think that would be rocking the boat and giving some other employee there a reason to re-add the 30-Day Late?

796 TU FICO 08 (08/2018)
Message 4 of 17
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

They are all kept in the same file, they are simply retained under different codes.

In my opinion, it is highly unlikely to ever be an issue.  Creditors rely on scores in order to avoid that depth of manual review.

A manual review will normally look at why one's score is low and whether delinquent debt has now been paid, which is not reflected in your scoring, and not non-scored information.

Message 5 of 17
tufa4311
Established Contributor

Sounds like I should just let it be, Thanks Rob.

This has actually triggered another question that I've thought about before. I don't REALLY need to know this but I'm a naturally curious guy and a software analyst so I like to know how things work.

So...

Does anyone know how the deleting of, say, a 30-Date Late actually works in the database? Do they just reset the "code" for that respective month, the code you referred to Rob? Do they actually go to that month in the DB and delete the date it was paid? Is there actually a record left to show when it was due and more importantly when it was paid - thus still showing it as being over 30 days late but since the "code" was changed it no longer reports as such?

Just curious.

796 TU FICO 08 (08/2018)
Message 6 of 17
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Deletion would involve the creditor removing the late from your file.

Gone.

A derog reaching its credit report exclusion period is not deleted from your file, it is simply blocked from being included in normal credit reports issued by the CRA.

However, credit report exclusion is not absolute.  FCRA 605(b) has provision for exempting all of the normal credit report exclusions under certain conditions, such as when a creditor requests a credit report for evaluation of a request for credit in the amount of $150K or more.

Excluded info has not been deleted from your file, and could thus still be included in a full-file credit report.

If the creditor had actually deleted the lates, they would not be reported under any future conditions.

Message 7 of 17
tufa4311
Established Contributor

So do we know what happened in my case, and most likely in all these cases of greather than 30 Day Late "removals" - did the creditor Delete my 30-Day Late or did they just Exclude it? 

How do we acertain if it was deleted or excluded? 

And what exectly did they delete ot exlcude- the code, the dates?

Feel free to pull out of this line of unrequired but curious questions on my part...

796 TU FICO 08 (08/2018)
Message 8 of 17
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

The exclusion he is talking of is the 7 year exclusion. A creditor can't ask a late to just be excluded, either it's deleted or reports I'm pretty sure. Your good! I think your just reading into it too much.
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 9 of 17
tufa4311
Established Contributor

You're probably right. Funny story - I came over to the U.S about 8 years ago, the first time I had come over since I was in high school - and decided I wanted to stay so I started going through the whole green card process. One immigration lawyer I spoke with said that he thought based on the fact that my father is a US citizen that I may have automatically become a citizen while I was a minor. US Immigration didn't agree - I spent 6 months going through an appeals process but finally found an obscure never heard of internal gov't memo that spoke on my exact sutuation. I found a back-door number to the U.S Dept Of State - Passport Office and convinced a analyst on the phone in that dept that I indeed was a US citizen, actually emailed him the memo while we were on the phone, and after a couple weeks he approved my application for a U.S. Passport - which, other than a cirtificate of citizenship, is the only other thing an immigrant can have that proves citizenship. That process, the process of proving to the US Dept. of State, that I was already a US Citizen based on immigration laws was easier than getting this 30-Day late removed from my credit file - I kid you not!

796 TU FICO 08 (08/2018)
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.