Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hit a pothole...what next?

tag
brownee
Frequent Contributor

Re: Hit a pothole...what next?

Oh, Paying, that is an excellent idea about the small loan using the savings as collaterol. I have never thought of that. Adding that installment tradeline should definitely help. I don't know if I could get a loan at my CU, though.  I tried to get one a couple of months ago to pay off the truck (using the actual truck as collaterol) so that it wouldn't be 30 days late and they said no. :-(
7/7/09 TU: 630 EQ: 638 EX: ??
4/3/09 TU: 599 EQ: 606 EX: ??
Message 11 of 14
PayingTheBills
Frequent Contributor

Go in a talk to a CU employee.  Explain your situation and ask what they can do for you.  They should be willing to do the personal loan if you put up the money for it since there's essentially no risk for them.

They also might be able to get you another secured card, one that WILL actually graduate.

Starting Score: 540 EQ 517 TU on 11/17/08
Current Score: 668 EQ 726 TU
Goal Score: 760 EQ 760 TU

My Credit Repair Journal
Message 12 of 14
brownee
Frequent Contributor

Good idea. The CU is here in the buiilding at work, so i'll go down later today and see what, if anything, they can do.  I know they tried really hard for me in Feb. (the decisions are made in the home office, not here) and couldn't do it...but i'll certainly try again.
7/7/09 TU: 630 EQ: 638 EX: ??
4/3/09 TU: 599 EQ: 606 EX: ??
Message 13 of 14
PayingTheBills
Frequent Contributor

kudos to you.  keep your head up.  Credit repair is a long road, but you're not making this journey alone.

Starting Score: 540 EQ 517 TU on 11/17/08
Current Score: 668 EQ 726 TU
Goal Score: 760 EQ 760 TU

My Credit Repair Journal
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.