Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holy S...t I broke 600

tag
Sheridan
Regular Contributor

Re: Holy S...t I broke 600

Congrats! I've done the same myself and it does feel great! But now I keep worrying that something will pop up and drag me back down.
Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats. I just broke it myself. It definitely feels good and reinforces that we're doing the right things.

How long can your car hold out? 650 might get you ought of subprime auto deals. Would be nice if you could let the score tick up a little more.

I'm sitting on a 15.98% loan for my Ford Focus! lol I needed a loan at the time though so I'm thankful.

I got a 6.99% on my car loan through a credit union, and I'm a first time car buyer. Maybe you can refinance through a credit union. My score at that time was between 604-640

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats. I just broke it myself. It definitely feels good and reinforces that we're doing the right things.

How long can your car hold out? 650 might get you ought of subprime auto deals. Would be nice if you could let the score tick up a little more.

I'm sitting on a 15.98% loan for my Ford Focus! lol I needed a loan at the time though so I'm thankful.

I got a 6.99% on my car loan through a credit union, and I'm a first time car buyer. Maybe you can refinance through a credit union. My score at that time was between 604-640

Thanks, yeah I think I'm going to ride out the rest of the year and pay it down heavily. Little upside down on it. Don't want to refi too soon and then get stuck with a high rate because of LTV. 

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

I'm trying to get there myself :-)

Message 14 of 19
Stephen_T
Established Member

Great work !!

Message 15 of 19
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

Swampthing, a lot of credit unions will refinance upto 120% of LTV. Banks use NADA clean retail for their appraisals. I also though I was super upside down on my two cars due to 19% interest rates, lo and behold I was only a few grand under and DCUS just refinanced me at 1.49% with nothing down! If your EQ04 score (they pull that) is above 675 you will get there best rate. 640 or so will get you around 3.99%, below that is upto 7-8% I believe. I would think about refinancing now! Currently all of your payment besides a small bit is going to interest and nothing more, in order to pay down you would need to make a double + payment monthly to even touch the principal. I would think about it sooner than later! The worst they could say is no. DCU can tell you over the phone within minutes if you are approved, and as long as you have no bad payment history on the current loan and a score above 600 I think you would be fine. They overlook baddies as well, I'm not sure how many but I had 1 unpaid $1200 collection from 2013.
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Keep up the great work. It feels good to break a mile marker like that!

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats i'm peeking in at the 600 window. i'm less than 30 points away and i can smell it coming. good luck and keep up the good work.

Message 18 of 19
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

I just crossed the threshold myself....feels great!

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.