Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holy TRAIN WRECK, Batman!

tag
bruiseviolet
Frequent Contributor

Holy TRAIN WRECK, Batman!

In March my husband and i started working so hard to get our credit score up so we could get a mortgage.  (We currently are living in seperate places- and im stuck with all of our kids cramped in a relatives place).  I worked so hard sending out letters and we had a few PFD that came back saying they were closing and taking off CR's because they couldnt verify (even though we said in the letters THIS IS NOT A VALIDATION) lol.  Then one day, about 2 weeks after we had sent some more PFD's out- my husband lost his job - it was a complete shock to us and completely blindsided us.  Within the next week, i received 2 letters saying they would PFD if i paid by X date-   well of course since my husband lost his job, and we have been scrapping by on unemployment (at the time he went 4 weeks without any paychecks) and stress of the thing- i forgot, and time went past and didn't do the PFD by the time due.

No biggie- they are old anyways- but still a blow to my ego.  

My husband has student loans in repayment- and we talked and he was going to put them into deferrment- and what do you know- he was irresponsible and 'forgot' and didn't remember until aFTER he got a letter saying he was 30 days late.  GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I am in school- but was very sick last spring, and had to take the semester off- so without realizing it (they send an email to my school email which since its summer break i rarely check) my loans went into repayment- and of course i get nothing in the snail mail until it's 30 days late-  BOOM huge score drop for me. =(  

I am so dissappointed.  My husband found work again- but now we are back to square one- with low scores, recent lates and a whole new mess- after we worked soooo hard for months to get things cleaned up.  We are in a dire situation and need to get out of where we are- and we just arent able to get anything- not even a mobile home loan.  I feel so discouraged and so stuck and so i don't even know.  

We have to get out of where we are- and there is just nowhere to go- and all those months of hard work- just went down the toilette.  

help.  

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Holy TRAIN WRECK, Batman!

I hope your situation turns around for the better, soon. You're not alone. This economy needs to get better.

I've been looking for part time work for over 2yrs , since laid off from a ford dealership.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 6
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Hi, BV - This is disapointing - but you will get there, for sure, sounds like you have great determination and where there is a will, there is a way.

Have you guys thought about renting for now?  I'm sure obviously you have....just thought I'd throw it out there.  Then you can kind of relax for a while, get settled, and continue to rebuild and save $.

Take Care, Boone

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 3 of 6
sassymomof2
Frequent Contributor

I am so sorry to hear about your situation. Call the student loan companies and inquire on an economic hardship deferment. As long as that last payment has not been made, some companies will roll your 30 day late into the deferment and update your file to remove the 30 day late. Even if you have made a payment, you can inquire on a hardship deferment any way and see if they will do a gw adjustment because of your situation. Seeing that you are probably two payments behind, call as soon as you can. Personally, I had a 12 month economic deferment and it was a very simple process. Good luck to ya! Keep on swimming.

Starting Fico Feb 2011 EQ 570 TU 580 EX ?
May 2014 EQ 709 EX 684 TU discover 665

Closed on first home April 26, 2012!
Last app August 2, 2014. Gardening indefinitely!!!
Message 4 of 6
bruiseviolet
Frequent Contributor

Thanks so much for the encouragement.  Our stuent loans are deferred and checked our fico scores today and they were really low =(  However, the lates aren't showing- they show as paid on time =)

Now if only we could get some revolving credit cards our scores would skyrocket.  Everything else looks good on them now!

Message 5 of 6
bruiseviolet
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Boone.  We have been looking to rent somewhere in our area for a few months now- and there is nothing in our price range.  It is so frustrating to me- knowing a mortgage payment would be half of what all the places around here are asking for monthly rent- but all because of a score- we can't.  That is frustrating to me-  especially since my score was trashed a long time ago- a part of my life I'm long past- and is there- in the past. LOL

We have children in school- so we are somewhat limited to what areas we can live in-  and believe me, we are looking in as large a mile radius as we can-  apparently living in the suburbs means that everything is "executive home"-  which from what i've seen- just means people are renting out their houses and thinking if they throw "executive" in it- they can ask for $2000 a month in rent.  

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.