cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Depot/ Citi help with 30 day late removal.

tag
fancypants7
Valued Member

Home Depot/ Citi help with 30 day late removal.

Has anyone had any luck getting Home Depot to remove a 30 day late? I recently was late with my payment by 32 days (death in family and I forgot about it) and now I have a 30 day late on my credit report....right when I'm preparing to buy a house (I know could there be worse timing for my brain to shut off). I've never been late before with this card in 9 years and when I called Home Depot I just got the run around about how they have to report accurately yada, yada, yada. They even said they sent my account for a review and I just got a letter with the same "we have to report accurately" and they won't remove it. This one thing has dropped my score 100 points and now I don't qualify for my loan. 

Does anyone have any numbers for customer retention or any luck with them? I'm not really sure what my next steps can be. 

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Home Depot/ Citi help with 30 day late removal.

Several years ago I ran my own home building company.  At my particular Home Depot, I was in the top ten customers for annual purchase volume.  When the housing market fell apart in 2008, I fell behind and had some 30 day lates’ reporting from my Home Depot card.    

One day, I was talking to the store manager at the pro-desk, my troubles came up in conversation and he offered to look into it for me.  I don’t know what he did or who he called, but the lates’ dropped off reporting about two weeks later. 

I knew the manager, he knew me, half the store knew me. If you are a regular and valued customer and know the store manager, that may be an option?   A lot of “if’s”, it’s a long shot but thought I would put it up here.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Home Depot/ Citi help with 30 day late removal.

Hello, I am also trying to get Citibank/Home Depot to remove a 30 day late so that I can obtain a mortgage loan. Do you have any insight on the process? Thank you in advance.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.