Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Stretch with Collection removals!

tag
coconutcredit
Established Member

Home Stretch with Collection removals!

I'm just impatiently waiting for a score update on the removal of those collections and wonder what type of increase others have experienced when getting their last collection deleted.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Home Stretch with Collection removals!

It will depend on the age of the collection.  I had a erroneous medical account reporting to Experian which was two years old that I finaly was able to get deleted and my score went up 90 points.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Home Stretch with Collection removals!

I had a score of 680 on EX and when my last collection for 255 came off my score went to 743, but then 2 days later a collection that was on my TU and EQ got added onto EX and my score went down to 655. I was told if its the final collection you gain more points, like each additional collection eats less and less points, but thats just what one person told me, i hae no idea if that's true.

@Anonymous wrote:

It will depend on the age of the collection.  I had a erroneous medical account reporting to Experian which was two years old that I finaly was able to get deleted and my score went up 90 points.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.