Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Honda Finance rejected another GW attempt

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Honda Finance rejected another GW attempt

My settled Honda repo falls off naturally on Nov 1, 2014.  I called their collections dept. & asked them to remove it 30 days early as a special favor.  The front line CSR was nice & felt really sorry for me & put me on hold for 3 minutes.  But her supervisor told her a flat NO.  I think they're just too lazy to do the paperwork necessary to remove it early.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Honda Finance rejected another GW attempt

have you asked the CRA's to remove it early?

Message 2 of 11
baller4life
Super Contributor

+1 Call bureaus and have it removed "obsolete/too old to be on file." Screw Honda!,Smiley Mad
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, yes I already tried disputing it with all 3 CRAs asking them to delete this 45 days early.  The results all back that the original creditor verified the info is correct & that it will not be deleted b/c it is valid.  Sigh.

Message 4 of 11
baller4life
Super Contributor

How did you dispute? Online or phone? TU especially is really easy to get to delete within 6 months of fall date. Surprise to hear you are having a hard time.
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, you do NOT want to dispute it. You simply want a courtesy early removal. Other folks here may be able to give you specific instructions on how that is done.

Message 6 of 11
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

AHFC is ruthless. They refuse to do anything early.

When I had a BK and they were included, it took them until 60 days post discharge to update as IIB and a 0 balance.

Good luck!
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 7 of 11
baller4life
Super Contributor

Norman is right. It is not dispute per say. You are asking for "early exclusion." TU has it listed as an option online during the "dispute" process. Which is why it's erroneously called a dispute. TU online you check the "obsolete/too old to be on file" option. EQ and EX you call in an ask. I have all 3 numbers if you need them.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@baller4life wrote:
Norman is right. It is not dispute per say. You are asking for "early exclusion." TU has it listed as an option online during the "dispute" process. Which is why it's erroneously called a dispute. TU online you check the "obsolete/too old to be on file" option. EQ and EX you call in an ask. I have all 3 numbers if you need them.

Yes please thanks

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

EQ and EX phone number are already closed tonight.

But TU answered the phone.  I asked for an early exclusion / goodwill / courtesy removal of two negative items:

AMERICAN HONDA FINANCE CORP - They said a big fat NO.  They said you can contact Honda.  They said it falls off on Jan 2015.

US DEPT OF ED - The said a big fat NO.  They said call US Dept of Ed.  They said it falls off June 2015.

Also I had already done the online dispute as old / obsolete but they rejected the request & gave me the fall off dates, the same ones as on the phone tonight.

I'll try EQ and EX tomorrow during the day.  Thanks for your help.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.