Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Honest to God, wildest ride ever, but is it all for nothing- Rebuilding

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Honest to God, wildest ride ever, but is it all for nothing- Rebuilding

First comes first.

To every single man and woman on this forum, thank you.  Since 2012 I have crept through these forums never having had to ask a question, always finding answers and just silently following along other people's journeys while on my own.  So to those who have asked and those who have answered.......all of the questions, from my heart thank you.

Now on to me ....Smiley Tongue

My journey started off in 2012 on the road to rebuilding.  My credit score, a 412.  When I finally got the courage to see the report it was rough.  So I started where anyone would, I disputed, I called, I wrote, I disputed some more.  In the mean time, I opened a Cap 1 secured $500, BA secured $400 and Applied Bank secured $250.   Now granted my past issues were related to BK13 and a few messups after that.  I was able to remove everything on my credit report, multiple collections (deleted), credit cards that had gone out of busines (anyone remember Rewards 660? more like 666 lol) and in the last year have seen my score go up  to a stomach easing 678, 668 and 670, (acutal FICO score 670).  I have gone from the mentioned cards to Quicksilver $3500, BofA Unsecured $3000, Barclays $1500/ $2800, and Cap 1 secured $750 (scared to close that one, its on a older revolving.  (applied bank i closed, they never unsecure, but at lease cap1 unsecured some of the secured card), a car loan $6700 paid off in 9 months, hated to pay early but the interst was crap and I dislike high interest, and ive been current on student loans since i started repaying.   im married and my husband added me as an authorized user on his accounts but I dont really count those as my accomplishments, but its nice to have. 

Some of my concerns:

Student Loan Balance to "High Credit" sucks, this doest affect score too much right?

I have no other debt, I just use the cards and pay them off before interest.

And the worst and only thing I cant get rid of........

you know it.....

the one and only......

First Premier Bank.

oh and First National Credit Card.

My god what scum of the earth.  So here I am 3.5 years they still show charged off, multiple entries of different information across the different reporting agencies, verified by dispute.  But of course the letter from them verifying the debt also says something different, so I'm gonna go for the unheard of PFD on that angle that they aren't reporting anything right anywhere and even after dispute continue to do so, pretty egregious.  Any other tips? I cant seem to find many on them other than they are hard to get PFD with.  Also they say its with one collection agency and another and another, but they also say they haven't sold the debt..... So I'm plugging the angle too.  Im happy they haven't done any double jeopardies as far as the 2 CAs go, but they are sending letters again.  I just say "get First premier to get a PFD in writing and ill pay" other wise what is the point of paying? it only re-ages the crap and im already reestablished mosty.... .oh yeah i financed a house too....... so why would I pay it even care if DJ with the CA happens? so im gonna press this because I guess I have nothing to lose, was wondering though..... what are you thoughts about it all my brothers and sisters in fico?

How much will a double Jeopardy affect my score?

Much love!

Aiden

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
joeyoey
Frequent Contributor

Re: Honest to God, wildest ride ever, but is it all for nothing- Rebuilding

I'll tell you how I got rid of First Premier & I've never heard of anyone else doing it this way.  I had a First Premier card back in 2009.  In 2010 I had some major financial problems & fell behind.  I pretty much stopped keeping up with my credit & forgot about it.

Fast forward to last January when I found this forum & started rebuilding.  I tried a PFD with First Premier & they were having none of it.  I finally just went ahead & paid it bc I decided I'd rather have it marked as paid on my report (it had a balance of around $400).  A few months after that I was trying to get another secured card & (I know it seems crazy), I opened another First Premier card.  I kept it open for about three months & then sent them a letter telling them about the old account & how I was now rebuilding my credit and I was a current customer of First Premier in good standing and would they consider deleting the old account.  I went on & on about how happy I was with my current account & that First Premier was helping me rebuild.  Less than a week later I got an email from them saying they were deleting the old account & they did...& I haven't seen it on my reports since.

A month or two after this I quietly closed the new account & now the only reference to First Premier is the account I openled last year & it's a positive account on my reports.

I don't know if this would work with anyone else, but it did with me.

Starting Score (02/01/2014): EQ 548 EX 548 TU 564
Current/Most Recent FICO Score (4/01/2015): EQ 686 EX 668 TU 669
Nov 1, 2015 Goal: 700 Across all 3

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

test

Message 2 of 8
surferchris
Valued Contributor

@joeyoey wrote:

I'll tell you how I got rid of First Premier & I've never heard of anyone else doing it this way.  I had a First Premier card back in 2009.  In 2010 I had some major financial problems & fell behind.  I pretty much stopped keeping up with my credit & forgot about it.

Fast forward to last January when I found this forum & started rebuilding.  I tried a PFD with First Premier & they were having none of it.  I finally just went ahead & paid it bc I decided I'd rather have it marked as paid on my report (it had a balance of around $400).  A few months after that I was trying to get another secured card & (I know it seems crazy), I opened another First Premier card.  I kept it open for about three months & then sent them a letter telling them about the old account & how I was now rebuilding my credit and I was a current customer of First Premier in good standing and would they consider deleting the old account.  I went on & on about how happy I was with my current account & that First Premier was helping me rebuild.  Less than a week later I got an email from them saying they were deleting the old account & they did...& I haven't seen it on my reports since.

A month or two after this I quietly closed the new account & now the only reference to First Premier is the account I openled last year & it's a positive account on my reports.

I don't know if this would work with anyone else, but it did with me.

That's pretty smart thinking on your part!  Congrats!

Current Cards:
AmEx Hilton Honors Surpass//AmEx Platinum Card//Ann Taylor Rewards Mastercard//Capital One Platinum Card//Credit One AmEx//Credit One Platinum VISA//Fingerhut//Navy More Rewards AmEx//TruWest Platinum VISA//Aspire VISA//Costco Anywhere VISA//Lowes Advantage//Apple Card
Loans:
1 Mortgage/////Navy FCU Auto Loan (2020 Jaguar I-Pace)//Capital One Auto (2016 BMW i3)
Next Cards (4th QTR 2022):
Navy Flagship Rewards VISA//Chase Sapphire Preferred
Stats:
Scores: 700's // Inq's: 1 for mortgage // Util: 1% // AoOA: 21 yrs

Message 3 of 8
surferchris
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your progress!

Current Cards:
AmEx Hilton Honors Surpass//AmEx Platinum Card//Ann Taylor Rewards Mastercard//Capital One Platinum Card//Credit One AmEx//Credit One Platinum VISA//Fingerhut//Navy More Rewards AmEx//TruWest Platinum VISA//Aspire VISA//Costco Anywhere VISA//Lowes Advantage//Apple Card
Loans:
1 Mortgage/////Navy FCU Auto Loan (2020 Jaguar I-Pace)//Capital One Auto (2016 BMW i3)
Next Cards (4th QTR 2022):
Navy Flagship Rewards VISA//Chase Sapphire Preferred
Stats:
Scores: 700's // Inq's: 1 for mortgage // Util: 1% // AoOA: 21 yrs

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got rid of 2 FPB... Just got letter.... About to pass out....
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats TheLABarber, may I ask how? and what did you do?

Message 6 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
I got rid of 2 FPB... Just got letter.... About to pass out....

Grats Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 8
2b2rich
Established Contributor

" a car loan $6700 paid off in 9 months, hated to pay early but the interst was crap and I dislike high interest"

You probably already know this, but because I just learned it the hard way, I have to mention it here.  I don't know what banks consider 'recent auto loan credit' but I didn't have any (well, the only one I had is so old it's going to drop off in Sept of this year) and so I ended up getting 15% financing from Cap1 on a $25K loan.  I was told this was my biggest obstable where finance rates were concerned.  I'm fortunate in that my debt/income ratio is so low that paying an additional 1K a month with the payment is an option and like you, I plan to pay it off over the next 18 months, but I've learned. 

Chapter 7 Discharged & Closed Jan 2020
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.