Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hope I'm in the home stretch.

tag
J91605
Frequent Contributor

Hope I'm in the home stretch.

I have finally gotten down to last of the derogs. When I started a few months ago I had from 7 to 9 negatives on each report. 6 collection, 2 charge offs, and a couple lates on the CO accounts to boot. Well I am down to the last few collections from Cornerstone credit services. I called the OC (GCI communications) and ask if I paid the bill could I get cable through them again. The very nice rep named Brenda was nice enough to let me use my old boxes (got a 699 dollar credit) I paid the 2 year old charges and they turned the cable on (football!!!). She also sent a message to CCS that the bill had been paid. 2 weeks later CCS called trying to collect 1800.00. I explained the situation and the lady asked how much I paid and how much was credited. I told her and she said that matched what she had in the system and I only owed for a 198.00 medical bill. I paid it and I feel like a new man. I am interested to know why they were trying to collect if it showed in there system that the bill had been paid. She then proceeded to tell me the they could not remove the collection because it was against the laws they are governed by. I explained that was not true, it is because of their agreement with the CRAs. It was a fun conversation.😀 Anyway, it is my contention that CCS doesn't have collection authority anymore. I have asked the CRAs to remove the accounts per their own policies and procedures. Still waiting on the answers. Only thing left is one repo that is reporting as 2 separate accounts on both TU and EQ. I will address these in April when the SOL is up.

Thanks to everyone on this forum especially Norman gdale and Robert. Everyone has been a great help and I plan on staying on this forum to help others when I can.

Starting Score: 6/30/15 EQ 554 TU 534 EX 608
Current Score: EQ 630 TU 635 EX 653
Goal Score: 680 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Grafton88
Established Contributor

Re: Hope I'm in the home stretch.

Nice going.  That is why I like these boards.  You get great info, you get positive replies, you get to read success stories like yours.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.