Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hoping for Santander Removal

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hoping for Santander Removal

Hello everyone.  First off, new to MyFico and the boards, glad I found this a month ago when I started rebuilding my credit.

I had a car loan with Santander, finished my payments but had $400 in fees that they charged off.  Not really sure why I did not take of it but the past is the past.  I called and took care of the $400 which I needed to do because they held my title.  I asked about them deleting from my credit report if I paid and they guy said just dispute it after it reports $0 and we should take it off.

Has anyone had any luck with Santander in a similar situation and should I dispute with them or with TU, EX and EQ?  

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Hoping for Santander Removal

Welcome to the board Smiley Happy

No one can instruct you to dispute a TL that has no inaccurate info in it, it would be a violation of the credit repair rules here at myFico.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oops... sorry.

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Additionally, CRA policy, as set forth in their common credit reporting manual, clearly instructs furnishers not to delete information based on payment of the debt.

Any request to the CRA to delete based on payment of the debt, regardless of whether submitted as a dispute or an informal request, would be directly contrary to their policy.  The proper procedure is to request the furnisher to report a voluntary good-will deletion with the CRA.

They need not provide any deletion reasons to the CRA, and thus the CRA will not question a reported deletion.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.