Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hoping for best with BOA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hoping for best with BOA

Back in late 2011 I decided to bite the bullet and signed on with a DMP.  It seemed desperate, but I was actually able to pay off CC faster through the plan.

BOA accepted the proposal in Nov 2011.  The account has since been paid in full (over 7K) and I feel good about that.  The issue I realized after signing up with myfico and scrubbing my credit report is they (BOA) are showing 9 late payments (30 days each) starting at that time.  I was never late before and I only signed up with DMP to get a better rate and pay quicker (of which now I realize I could have done by myself).  Anyway, I contacted the DMP who sent me a acceptance from BOA and part of the proposal is they would re-age the accounts if this happened.  They did not.  I called BOA and they said they will look into this and re-report to CRA.  I'm hoping they will and this won't back fire and cause my score to drop more.  At this point having no late payments since 2011 I'm assuming even if it's fixed it won't help my score much anyway.  But every little bit helps......right?

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hoping for best with BOA

Are these late payments from 2011? I wouldn't really worry about them. They are too old to effect your credit score in a major way now.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are from 2011. I know they won't help my score, but a few times I've received denials it stated multiple late payments.  I haven't had ANYTHING late since 2011, so i figured why not try to clean it up.  Payments were indeed made in 2011, so BOA should have adjusted according to the plan.  Not sure what the mix up was, but since I truly wasn't late, i figured why not try to report accurate info.  yes? no?  Am I being silly?

Message 3 of 4
RonM21
Valued Contributor

At least you realizw getting it taken care of will look better to future lenders

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.