Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hoping someone out there can help....

tag
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

Hoping someone out there can help....

Happy New Year everybody!

I've been trying to hit the ground running with my credit repair. I'm planning on sending some PFD and GW letters to a few CAs. I'm wondering if anyone has experience with any of the following:

First Credit Services

Credit Collection Service

Collection Recovery Service

CBCS

Secondly, I have a few debts that this month are passing the SOL....should I mention this in my PFD letters in an attempt to convince them?

Really trying to gain as many points as humanly possible....Just had a somewhat recent (6/11) collection removed and didn't receive a single point bump.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Hoping someone out there can help....

A few idle thoughts about mentioning expiration of SOL in a PFD offer....

On the negative side, a PFD offer is a form of GW request, and as such, the less confrontational it is, the better.  Mentioning expiration of SOL carries with it the possible implication that you are contemplating not paying.  How that might influence their good will is up to you to decide.

On the postive side, there is a growing body of federal case law that holds that a debt collector who has actual knowledge of expiration of the SOL on a debt is in violation of the FDCPA if they still bring legal action.  So putting them on notice of actual expiration of SOL might be of use down the road.  Expiration of SOL depends upon many factors, so I would be sure of actual expiration before asserting such.

PFD acceptance is decided from their end, so it is hard to say what will or will not be helpful.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.