Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Accurate is USAA Credit Monitor

tag
teachag89
Established Member

Re: How Accurate is USAA Credit Monitor

I'm waiting for an update on a couple of my husbands accounts (balance change, limit increase). I use myFico Score Watch but am getting anxious to see if the changes have been reported yet. Should I sign up for USSA so I can check it everyday this week? I know some users say Score Watch is delayed.
Message 11 of 22
unc0mm0n1
Established Contributor

@teachag89 wrote:
I'm waiting for an update on a couple of my husbands accounts (balance change, limit increase). I use myFico Score Watch but am getting anxious to see if the changes have been reported yet. Should I sign up for USSA so I can check it everyday this week? I know some users say Score Watch is delayed.

I have daily pulls and my score hasn't changed in two months. Like most things USAA does this might be a ripoff.

Last App March 23, 2015. Gardening until November 25, 2015
Current Score: 766 EX 734 EQ 780 TU 6/30/2015Starting Score/Goal Score: 580s/780s across the board
Message 12 of 22
NYSuperdoodle
New Contributor

I recently signed up for the USAA service, and I think it's great. Of course, I like USAA. I use them for a ton of other services too. 

I especially like being able to monitor any daily changes in my CR scores, as my CR scores are changing (increasing) rapidly as I am finally focusing on my credit ratings. Whether they are precise or not is irrelevant. They are accurate, and that is what is of value to me. 

April 1 2014 EQ-555 TU-545 EX- 545
April 29 2014 EQ -714 TU-579 EX- 698
May 1 2014 EQ 721, TU 707, EX 698
All tracked with USAA credit monitoring via Expedia
FICO Score June 10 2014 EQ 719
Message 13 of 22
bk510
Valued Contributor

@rm3 wrote:
I have been using the USAA cms for over a year. When I signed up it was daily pulls. They changed it a few months back but I called to cancel and they extended my daily pulls for 6 months. It may be worth a try to call customer service and see if they will change to daily pulls. I love the cms. I pull daily faithfully to monitor balance updates as I lower my utilization and to watch for any changes. The scores are absolute Fakos. My EQ fako is 578, here is 641. TU fako is 656, here is 687.

+1

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 14 of 22
bk510
Valued Contributor

@kroberts67 wrote:

I pay $22 for daily pulls. Their scoring is PLUS which bugs, but I do like the layout and convenience of all 3 together.

Agree, very user friendly interface and clean. I love it.

I pay 11 and some change for daily at 6 months interval. I call every 6 months and get it extended for anothre 6 months.

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 15 of 22
bk510
Valued Contributor

@samdubs wrote:

I use USAA but has me lower than here by 30 points. I am not complaining because if i can get that one up this one will go up also.

Thats xactly how I look at it also.

Message 16 of 22
bk510
Valued Contributor

@unusuallyconfused wrote:

I use USAA's / Experian's daily credit monitoring & scores services EXTENSIVELY so I'm quite familiar with it.

For thos asking - here's how you get the daily 3 bureau credit reports and scores:

1. You're probably using the one, 3 bureau report package for $12 per month (it's 12 and some change but I don't remember anymore).

2. Pull your one, 3 bureau credit report for the month if you haven't done so already.

3. If more than a day's past since doing that, click the REFRESH button on the left side of your screen again. Once you do that, it will say you have your free 3 bureau report already and WOULD YOU LIKE TO UPGRADE - for $22.94 - to their unlimited 3 bureau and scores package? Obviously you do and pay. You will then be charged $22.94 per month for the service.

TIP: It's not really "unlimited": you can pull ONE 3 bureau report and 3 Experian/TransUnion/Equifax scores (NOT FICO) DAILY. 

I have pulled reports directly from all 3 credit bureaus, different free services and of course from USAA: the reports are up-to-date and what you generate in your report (wonderfully formatted and easy to understand) is ACCURATE as to what the 3 majors have in their systems at that momemt.

Again, I wouldn't pay too much attention to the score(s) generated but my experience is the following: if your "Experian" score(s) have gone up or down, it's highly likely that your FICO score has also moved up or down. I have carefully monitored what Experian's score tell me daily vs. what my FICO score is daily and they both move in the same direction. The pattern I've gotten is is Experian shows your score increasing by a huge margin in a day (usually the result of a major event like a negative coming off or coming on), your FICO will also move in the same direction by a large degree, too.

If you don't have access to your FICO score at the moment, your USAA/Experian service scores that are generated will give you a FAIR idea of which direction you're going and if any major (or even minor) events are affecting your credit scores.

On the whole, if you like and need to know what's going on with your credit daily, awesome service. I know EXACTLY when accounts are coming on, coming off, when my credit providers have updated (like after a statement is cut), what they're reporting, etc. It's all there and it's totally up-to-date.

I use this service in addition to paying for myFICO.com services (Score Watch for TU & EQ), Credit Karma, etc. and I find USAA's the most helpful and useful package of all of them.

myFICO, in my opinion, is great for the alerts (which the USAA service has too) but it's even better for the Power Score reports they generate which one doesn't really need daily - or even monthly - but quarterly. That's just me.

I only wish that I could see all my soft pulls on usaa.....But can'tSmiley Happy

Message 17 of 22
bk510
Valued Contributor

@kroberts67 wrote:

@rm3 wrote:
@kroberts67 Have you always paid $22? I pay $11.12. Might want to give them a call. The customer service is excellent!

I upgraded to the daily pulls, ie what unusuallyconfused was referring to.  I'm obsessive about my credit right now so until there's a better deal, I'll be paying it.  And yes, I love their service so far!  I'm new to them but have loved everything they've done for me in the last few weeks.  I'm actually dittoing what unusuallyconfused does, I have myFICO for $9.95 month and credit karma-- I have yet to figure our their scores.  I just look at the report.  Smiley Wink  

I love usaa also. But the only thing I'm disappointed at is fact that you can't see the soft pulls. damn itSmiley Happy

Message 18 of 22
bk510
Valued Contributor

@teachag89 wrote:

I believe ita worth every penny. I'm going on 2 yrs now. love it.

Message 19 of 22
tomfromrictmame
Frequent Contributor

Just a word of caution.  I have been using USAA for almost a year, and there is a recent development that's very problematic for me.  Up until 2 months ago, I had a TL that was showing as derog on all 3 CRs; it's been reporting that way correctly since I started my membership.  It started to be removed from the consolidated (daily report) and after a month os so, it was gone completely.  I can (and do) pull my actual reports individually from the 3 CRA's and I can see (and they have confirmed to me over the phone), the derog TL is in fact still on my report.

I haven't spoken with anyone at USAA yet, but this discrepancy is troubling.

AMEX Platinum NPSL | BofA Cash Rewards Visa $50K | NFCU Sig Visa $27K | Chase Marriott Rewards Visa $25K | AMEX Delta Skymiles $25K | BofA Sig Visa $25K | First Tech Odyssey MC $25K | AMEX HHonors Surpass $23K | Chase United Club Unlimited Visa $20K | Barclays AAdvantage WMC $17K | NFCU LOC $15K | NASA Platinum Visa $15K| NFCU Sig Visa $14K
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.