Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Accurate is the Equifax Complete Premier Plan Scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How Accurate is the Equifax Complete Premier Plan Scores

I just signed up to Equifax credit monitoring service, so that I can view my scores for Eq, Ex, and TU, but my scores are all extremely low.  I applied for a personal loan a few weeks ago and my score from Equifax was 100 points higher than what is being reported by them now.  Does anyone have experience with this service and how accurate are their credit scores? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How Accurate is the Equifax Complete Premier Plan Scores

Does it say they are "FICO" scores or does it just say "your credit score"

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Never mind I found this on their signup page:

"Equifax® 3-Bureau credit scores are based on an Equifax Credit Score model and are not the same scores used by 3rd parties to assess your creditworthiness"

Just another FAKO. Not accurate or worth paying for. Go with Credit Check Total instead.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for responding, yes it is "your credit score."  I will cancel at the end of the week, so that I don't incur monthly charges.  Where can I find my real FICO scores?  I've been working extremely hard in writing pay for delete letters, good will letters, and was able to acquire two unsecure credit cards since my journey when I started with one secure credit card.  With my secure credit card which is through Capital 1, should I drop it or keep it?  I applied for the unsecure Capital 1 Platinum, but was denied.  I have the QS $1500 CL and the secure Platinum at $450 credit limit and a $10K NFCU credit card.  I was trying to keep 3 credit cards, but don't want my score to drop if I close the Capital 1 secure Platinum card.  What are your thoughts?  I really want to increase my score.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for responding, yes it is "your credit score."  I will cancel at the end of the week, so that I don't incur monthly charges.  Where can I find my real FICO scores?  I've been working extremely hard in writing pay for delete letters, good will letters, and was able to acquire two unsecure credit cards since my journey when I started with one secure credit card.  With my secure credit card which is through Capital 1, should I drop it or keep it?  I applied for the unsecure Capital 1 Platinum, but was denied.  I have the QS $1500 CL and the secure Platinum at $450 credit limit and a $10K NFCU credit card.  I was trying to keep 3 credit cards, but don't want my score to drop if I close the Capital 1 secure Platinum card.  What are your thoughts?  I really want to increase my score.

I use Credit Check Total from Experian. You get you Experian report and FICO 8 score updated daily, and the other two reports and FICO 8 scores are updated once per month. They have a 7 day trial for $1, and if you call to cancel just tell them its too expensive for you and they will knock it down 50% to $14.95 per month.

The reason Capital One denied the Platinum is because you have two Cap One accounts. If you close the secured account, apply for the Platinum account the next day and you will get approved. Use both cards, and request a CLI after the second or third statement.

After you have 18-24 months of good payment history on your oldest card, app for a Barclays Reward Mastercard.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just signed up for the Credit Check Total and all my scores were approximately 100 points higher than that with the Equifax Premier Plan.  Thanks for the advice!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.