Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Accurate is the TU Report on here?

tag
Dani62384
Valued Member

How Accurate is the TU Report on here?

I pay for the quarterly monitoring for TU on myfico- and was studying it against my actual CR I pulled. It shows i have 3 60-day lates or worse on my CR- when in fact I only have 1- EVER....even in the accounts section of the CR on here- it only shows 1, as well as on my actual CR...this is my #1 factor hurting my TU score on here- but it's inaccurate.

You have a collection and a serious delinquency on your credit report.

Number of your accounts that were ever 60 days late or worse:3 Number of collections on your credit report1 Collection
Only about 1% of FICO High Achievers [?] have a 60 days late payment or worse listed on their credit report.
Virtually no FICO High Achievers [?] have a collection listed on their credit report.

The presence of a collection [?] and a serious delinquency are powerful predictors of future payment risk. If the collection is valid, paying off the collection will not remove it from your credit report. The fact that it occurred is still predictive of future payment risk and will be considered by your FICO score. However as these items age and fall off of your credit report, their impact on your score will gradually decrease. Most collections and delinquencies stay on your report for no more than seven years - though there are certain items that could remain longer.

Starting Score: 574 (3/29/11)
Current Score: EQ-603 (3/22/12) TU- 540 (4/24/12)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How Accurate is the TU Report on here?

I recommend looking at your Accounts summary page. There's a column showing a red flag. Any account with a red flag next to it is viewed as a negative by FICO. Your history is only limited to the last couple of years, but the 60 or above could be hiding and not showing in the pay history graphic. It would show in the summary though. Aside from accounts with lates, COs and certain CAs would be included in that figure.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.