cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do I Recall a Charge off from Amazon Synchrony Bank and Portfolio Recovery?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How Do I Recall a Charge off from Amazon Synchrony Bank and Portfolio Recovery?

Hello Everyone,

I am down to my last charge off and don't know how to deal with it. Can you please advice me? I have an Amazon from 2013/2014 charge off reporting 0 balance and it was sold to Portfolio Recovery and they have been reporting monthly since 2015. Amazon is on all 3 of my reports and Portfolio is only on my Transunion. How do I write a recall debt letter, what kind of things do I say to Synchrony/Amazon and has anyone had any success in getting Synchrony to remove the record after payment as well as the CA, portfolio in this case. Do you do this by mail only or can it be done via phone?

thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How Do I Recall a Charge off from Amazon Synchrony Bank and Portfolio Recovery?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I am down to my last charge off and don't know how to deal with it. Can you please advice me? I have an Amazon from 2013/2014 charge off reporting 0 balance and it was sold to Portfolio Recovery and they have been reporting monthly since 2015. Amazon is on all 3 of my reports and Portfolio is only on my Transunion. How do I write a recall debt letter, what kind of things do I say to Synchrony/Amazon and has anyone had any success in getting Synchrony to remove the record after payment as well as the CA, portfolio in this case. Do you do this by mail only or can it be done via phone?

thanks.

They have sold the debt, they cannot recall it. I would advise settling with PRA for as little as possible.

Message 2 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: How Do I Recall a Charge off from Amazon Synchrony Bank and Portfolio Recovery?

Any derogs reported by the creditor remain, even if they sell the debt.

The creditor must update the debt balance to $0.  They are not required to delete any history.

The CO will become excluded no later than 7 years plus 180 days from the DOFD.

To obtain earlier deletion, you would need a GW deletion reportetd by the creditor.

Since the creditor sold the debt, they took a substantial loss, and even if you pay the new owner, the credtior wont receive another penny.

Thus, they have taken a loss, and usually are not too inclined to grant good-will after their loss.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am trying to do a pay for delete and I know pra does not want to do those. Amazon is the only one showing up on all 3 of my reports while pra shows up on 1, so should I just pay it and let it keep reporting for the next 5 years. it is the least thing I have on my report and I want to have a clean report if possible. I know others here have done it and I am just seeking guidance as to how I may do so to. So is that the end of it Norman pay it to pra and let pra and amazon sit on my report as a paid charge off there is really no other way? I was hoping there would be options.

Message 4 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The creditor has reported a charge-off, and has sold the debt.

Thus, you cannot make any payment to the credtior, which precludes any PFD offer to them.

You can still request their good-will deletion of the CO, but having taken a loss, that may be a tough sell.

You can still offer a PFD to the debt collector, attempting deletion of their collection.

If they wont do a PFD, you can still pay and then pursue a GW campaign after paying.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.