cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do I take card of this Nationwide Credit, INC.

tag
traveler2005
Established Contributor

How Do I take card of this Nationwide Credit, INC.

Hi All

I received a notice from Nationwide Credit INC saying that they are handling an account for LVNV Funding for   $6,087  for original creditor Providian National Bank

I had an account from 2000 - 2002 and it was paid off, shows on credit report as paid in full. Should I DV this company or send  a notice that this is past SOL and to stop collection effort or C&D letter. OH buy the was they say they are willing to settle for 70% off the balance,  Buy my calculation 70% of 0 = 0.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks. I have spent many hours reading these blogs and improved my credit scores from the low 500's to my current scores. Thanks to all of  you!

EXP FAKO 646 11/25

EQ fico 628 11/25

TU fico 651 11/25

Goal 700 across the Board

Starting Score: TU 573 Exp 523 Lender Pull, Eq 583
Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How Do I take card of this Nationwide Credit, INC.

It's Providian (/WaMu/Chase) that reports, as a positive now, right"..as opposed to a CA? If Providian reports $0, does that mean you paid it? If not paid, at some point in time they would have sold it and thus reports $0. It wouldn't mean that the debt is finished by any means, and the CA can collect on it forever past SOL and the 7-yr CRTP. If you are past your state's SOL, and since CRTP would have ended a year or two ago I guess, then I'd ignore the CA assuming you won't pay the debt. I wouldn't even bother with the stamp.

Message 2 of 5
traveler2005
Established Contributor

Yes providian reports 0 balance, paid in full, account closed at consumers request. No CA for this account listed on credit report. Account was paid. Took out a consolidation loan to pay off  several cards. Afraid if I don't DV it, that this company will start reporting this account to CRA's. Yes SOL would be past 6 years, both in original state card was obtained and current state.   Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

Starting Score: TU 573 Exp 523 Lender Pull, Eq 583
Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 3 of 5
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

@llecs wrote:

It's Providian (/WaMu/Chase) that reports, as a positive now, right"..as opposed to a CA? If Providian reports $0, does that mean you paid it? If not paid, at some point in time they would have sold it and thus reports $0. It wouldn't mean that the debt is finished by any means, and the CA can collect on it forever past SOL and the 7-yr CRTP. If you are past your state's SOL, and since CRTP would have ended a year or two ago I guess, then I'd ignore the CA assuming you won't pay the debt. I wouldn't even bother with the stamp.

+1 agree with llecs.  The CA can not report on your CR, it's passed the CRTP.

CA's can only report up to  7.5yrs from the DoFD on the OC account.

SOL  has nothing to do with Credit Reporting.

SOL is the legal time limit a creditor has to collect a debt and since this debt is PIF, that means there's nothing to collect, the  SOL is no longer  in play.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 4 of 5
hoping2rebuild
Established Contributor

I had the same problem with ERSolutions for an old old debt

I would have left it alone but they kept calling 4 to 5 times a  day

waking up my husband (works nights) so I sent them a nice

FOAD/Past SOL Cease and Desist letter.

It might have cost a stamp but at least my husband can sleep

Starting Score: 377EQ/350EX/400TU As of 11/2011
Current Score: 620EQ/614EX/612TU As of 01/2013
Goal Score: 700+ across the boards
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.