Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Does a Secured CC Work???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How Does a Secured CC Work???

Hi I recently applied for a Disco Secured card, I put my deposit down for $1000, 

How does this work?? Do they put my $1000 down on the card like a debt card and each month I pay whatever I spent out of that $1000? OR is the $1000 deposit just for the approval? Reason I ask... is If Im just using my $1000 to pay witht he Disco card, could I change my deposit back to 300-400$? because now I am out that $1000... (well not tech out the $1000 because it would be on a credit card) but Im just curious how this works and if I would ever get that $1000 BACK

THANKS!! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Sandman771
Valued Contributor

Re: How Does a Secured CC Work???

They hold it as collateral against your card. You will receive a card with a credit limit of $1000 as long as you make your payments on time you are fine and they will repor to the bureaus. Also after 7 months they start reviewing to see if it is eligible for "graduation" to a non-secured card and you will recieve your deposit back. 

Starting Score: EQ497/TU496/EX 499
Currently: EQ 620 TU 654 EX 627
in the garden since 6/16/2021
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How Does a Secured CC Work???

okay!! great! so bottom line pay em good and ill get back the $ once I graduated Smiley Happy, that sounds fair enough! Thanks for that info!!!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.