cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Long After A Collection Is Paid Does It Update To Paid On CR???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How Long After A Collection Is Paid Does It Update To Paid On CR???

I only have to newly added medical collections on EX and EQ, TU is clean, that were PIF for a PFD. The first was paid on 7/18/14 and the other on 8/21/14. From what I understand, they can be updated to Paid first and then deleted but mine are still reading Key Derogatory. Shouldn't the first one at least be marked as Paid until it's deleted since it's been over a month? I have no doubts the CA sent the request for both to be removed but due to laws, isn't it supposed to be reported as Paid within 30 days of payment? Also, can someone provide a good number to Experian?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: How Long After A Collection Is Paid Does It Update To Paid On CR???

Any updates can take between 30-45 days. It might seem longer sometime especially if the CA has already updated for the month.

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. I knew removals usually take 30-45 days but I was thinking it had to be updated within 30 days to paid by law if not removed right then. The CA updated to the CRA on 8/15 but I still don't see a change on the first one. I'm just trying to get my ducks in a row in case it doesn't change. I'll just wait a bit longer!
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax  -  800-525-6285

Experian  -  888-397-3742

Transunion  -  800-680-7280

Not sure if these will help you, I've never tried them and if they are good, I doubt any of the three will be of any help over the phone.

I always dispute by mail (send a letter never use their forms) and attach copies of all supporting documents.

I recently had TransUnion remove 4 items off my report, Equifax and Experian had to remove 1 item each.  They fought all the way, but research and persistance is required

Good Luck. 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the numbers! At this point, I don't want to dispute unless for some reason they are not removed. I paid the first one on 7/18 so it should be close to getting removed since they updated on 8/15. From reading a lot of posts, it seems like a lot of updates happen fairly quickly. I guess I'm just not lucky. :/ Hopefully soon though.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

***Update*** I just checked my reports and the first one has been deleted! It must have just happened today. I still have the one left that should be deleted within the next month but according to the report, I have NO derogatory accounts.... the other one must have been updated to paid but for whatever reason, I can't view that portion??
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.