aries331

How Long Does It Take For Deleted Items To Report?

Hi All,

I have four pay for delete collection.  How long will it take for these items to drop from my credit report? 

And is there anything I can do to speed up the process?  Maybe contact the credit bureau? 

Starting Score: 568
Current Score: 568
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Member
MBOhio

Re: How Long Does It Take For Deleted Items To Report?

Whenever I've obtained a deletion, they creditor told me it would take 30-45 days to actually be deleted, but I usually see it dissapear within a few weeks. For example, I just received a GW deletion 2 weeks ago and I believe 2 of the 3 reports is no longer showing it. But don;t get frustrated... I imagine sometimes it does take the full 30-45 days.

Starting Score: EX 516 TU 565
Current Score: EX 514 TU 573
Goal Score: 620

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Re: How Long Does It Take For Deleted Items To Report?

To add, most OCs/CAs only update once per month. There really isn't a way to speed things up without risking a further delay.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+