Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Long To Wait for Debt Validation from CA before requesting deletion

tag
BetteDavis2013
Valued Member

How Long To Wait for Debt Validation from CA before requesting deletion

I sent about eight Debt Validation request and Pay to Delete letters on 9/5.  I sent then Return Rec/Certified so I can track.  How long do I wait for a reasonable response before I request the Credit Bureaus to delete the information.  In all honesty, these collections are old however my CR does not state a time line as to the first date of delinquency or an estimated time when they will fall off.  I am positive if I get the actual first DOD, it will be past the statue of limitations.  I think some of these old baddies have been purchases multiple times since my CR doesn't;t even report the original creditor.  AS a matter of fact, the Original Creditor on some of the baddies are scheduled to fall off in the next six months.  Should I give the CA 45 days to respond before asking the Bureaus to delete ?  THX!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: How Long To Wait for Debt Validation from CA before requesting deletion

The CRAs don't have to delete because the CA didn't respond to a DV.  A CA is under no obligation to respond.  They just cannot continue collection activity and that is only if the DV was timely.

If the collections was already on your report they don't have to delete it unless they can't validate.  Again, only if the DV is timely.

Many years ago people would send in the green card and letter showing they sent a DV and didn't get a response and ask the CRA to delete. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.