Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Long to Remove Collection?

tag
DrJim
Frequent Contributor

How Long to Remove Collection?

Here it is in a nutshell:  I got an OC to pull a collection back from CA and reduce my amt owed to zero because of their insurance snafu over $190.

The OC tell me that the CA says the collection will be off my CR within 45 days.

Certainly it can be done immediately!  Anyone able to give me some ammo for when I call CA?

Starting Score: TU 672 EQ 654 10/20/09
Current Score: TU 775 EQ 783 EX 799 (PLUS)
AMEX Delta Platinum $35K, NFCU Visa Signature $30K, HHonors Reserve Visa $35K, WF $13.5K, IHG Rewards Club MC $25K
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How Long to Remove Collection?

If not up against a clock (e.g. mortgage), then I'd let it be. Many CAs only update with the CRAs once a month.

I wouldn't call the CA. In fact, I'd never suggest calling a CA. The word is never their bond. If up against the clock, and you have a letter from the OC saying that the CA would delete, then I'd track down the CA's fax number or e-mail and send it to them with a letter reminding them of their promise with a short reason why this should be expedited so as to gently nudge them in deleting sooner.

Message 2 of 3
DrJim
Frequent Contributor

Re: How Long to Remove Collection?

Received a letter from the CA today saying:

Your collection account here at the Credit Bureau has been returned to the original client, xxxxxxx, as of Dec 1, 2009.  The credit reporting agencies have been notified to remove the account from your credit file.

As I mentioned, the OC has told me they are zeroing out the balance and I owe them nothing.  It was an eye care company that for some reason was not reimbursed by my insurance.  Neither the eye care company or the insurance company could say why it was not covered, or why the company waited almost five years to try to collect $190.

We shall see when this drops off my report, but hopefully it will be soon.

Starting Score: TU 672 EQ 654 10/20/09
Current Score: TU 775 EQ 783 EX 799 (PLUS)
AMEX Delta Platinum $35K, NFCU Visa Signature $30K, HHonors Reserve Visa $35K, WF $13.5K, IHG Rewards Club MC $25K
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.