Did you mean: 

How Many Cards To Close?

tag
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Re: How Many Cards To Close?

60+ cards??  you need a new hobby lol

jk

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the replies, everyone! Firstly, I'm a she (I seen a lot of replies saying 'he', but it's all good!). Also, I seen a few people who were confused as to when the cards were opened, they were opened last year, in August I believe, when I began rebuilding. So it will not affect my AAoA, as that is only 1.5 years due to all the new cards when I started rebuilding. Also, when I started rebuilding, I had no revolving lines at all, I only had positive student loans (the oldest from 2006 in deferrment right now) and medical collections. So my oldest account is the oldest student loan (2006), and my AAoA is 1.5 years since I started rebulding. So, from what I gather, closing the cards or keeping them open won't make any difference whatsoever right now. I'll just keep them sock-drawered for now and maybe they'll give me a CLI one day to help with utilization.

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Probably meanmchine lol. But some have so many more. I'm a little fish in the pond.
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the replies, everyone! Firstly, I'm a she (I seen a lot of replies saying 'he', but it's all good!). Also, I seen a few people who were confused as to when the cards were opened, they were opened last year, in August I believe, when I began rebuilding. So it will not affect my AAoA, as that is only 1.5 years due to all the new cards when I started rebuilding. Also, when I started rebuilding, I had no revolving lines at all, I only had positive student loans (the oldest from 2006 in deferrment right now) and medical collections. So my oldest account is the oldest student loan (2006), and my AAoA is 1.5 years since I started rebulding. So, from what I gather, closing the cards or keeping them open won't make any difference whatsoever right now. I'll just keep them sock-drawered for now and maybe they'll give me a CLI one day to help with utilization.

Don't know much about Simplybe or Marisota, but the 3 Commenity cards I have, have grown pretty good with the exception of Overstock, but even so it has gone from $900 to $3700, but the most increase I've gotten has been JCrew which started out at $650 and has grown to $13350 in 15 months and Talbots which grew from $500 to $12750 in a year and a half (and probably would have grown quicker had I known about the robot lady sooner).  Kohl's started off at $300 and is at the max of $3000 now.  Amazon I want to say started off at I want to say $600 and is now $6000 (chat worked for me).  Don't have Chevron, but have Phillip 66 and it went from $500 to $2800.  Once you can get your scores up some, then I think you will see the increases occur.  Commenity gave me increases at 630 and above and Synchrony Bank at 640 and above.  Cap 1 with Kohl's didn't give me an increase the 1st year, but they are better now, then after that every 4 months.  Don't have Old Navy, but same applies for it as it is Synchrony.  Had a Cap 1 secured card before the Venture/QS combo and since my spend isn't great with them, don't expect an increase till may month 6 or longer.  Discover I will wait to see if it unsecures, and Firestone I went from $900 to $1400 but tried for increase and turned down for not really using the card (have used it twice and pif).

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1 for username
... I'm a bit jealous.
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.