Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How My Foreclosure is Showing on EQ

tag
EW800
Valued Contributor

How My Foreclosure is Showing on EQ

Thank you to gdale, Shogun and others for all the help over the past many months in regard to my attempts to clean up my credit report.  In regard to how my foreclosure from 2012 is showing on my credit report, I learned from you guys that it is likely best to just leave it alone and not poke a possible sleeping bear.  

If I may, I would like to run one more aspect of how my foreclosure is showing on my credit report past you, to see how it might be best to handle this, if it all.  

To refresh your memory, I had a foreclosure in Summer of 2012.  The current status shows as 120+ Days Past Due, with a $0 Balance, in a no-recourse state.  In the comment section it does say foreclosure.  

The "Recent Payment History" area of my report shows "120" for months of March through August of 2012.  It is in August of 2012 that the home foreclosed, so basically all is well up to that point.  The history for each month then shows as blank for the next 11 months or so.  In July of 2013, it shows "120" again, just for that one month.  It then goes four more months of blank, no reporting.  The reporting stops completely at that point.  They have done no updates.  

It is that one 120-late in July 2013, between the many months of no reporting on each side, that is driving me nuts.  It is not accurate, as the home had already been foreclosed for about a year with $0 balance.  

Although my scores are doing decent as far as recovering, I assume that the FICO scoring God's look at that one 120 late as being as recent as a year ago.  Would you suggest that I continue to do nothing, as I do not want to chance making anything worse, or is there something I should consider doing in regard to the one 120 late sitting in the middle of nowhere?

Thank you again!  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2023: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $48.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $22.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $21K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $296K
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $10 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How My Foreclosure is Showing on EQ

Strange, but I've seen this before, just an out of nowhere update.  I wouldn't worry about it for now, but that's me.  Someone may have some better advice on this, FC's are not my strongpoint.  Smiley Wink

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 3
EW800
Valued Contributor

Re: How My Foreclosure is Showing on EQ

Thanks, Shogun!  

gdale or others, how do you feel about this?  Is it best to just leave this alone or should I try to do something about this one 120-late showing up by itself many months after the fact?

Thanks again!  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2023: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $48.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $22.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $21K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $296K
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $10 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.