Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Often?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How Often?

I have 2 Cap 1 cards and I am trying to for the early increase. I am now at my fourth statement and still nothing. Getting the "account too new" message. My question is how often should I hit the luv button? I have been doing it once a week. Feb 22nd my 5th statement will drop. I would like to try and get that early increase before my credit steps kick in. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Bankrupt2019
Established Contributor

Re: How Often?

With your current scores I would probably just wait for the Steps CLI. Its possible the SP they are using to make the determination is months old. What do your denial letters say?

It wont hurt to try again after next statement cuts.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bankrupt2019 wrote:

With your current scores I would probably just wait for the Steps CLI. Its possible the SP they are using to make the determination is months old. What do your denial letters say?

My denial I keep getting is "account too new".

I will keep trying until my 6th statment cuts in March. I'm gonna gross my fingers and pray that increase is more than what my letter said.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Bankrupt2019 wrote:

My denial I keep getting is "account too new".

I will keep trying until my 6th statment cuts in March. I'm gonna gross my fingers and pray that increase is more than what my letter said.

What is your card usage like?

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure Cap one is doing early CLI anymore, there are many recent posts on the "too new" message.

I posted this in another thread:

Banks have been hit HARD on the recent stock market decline.   Cap1 has most likely turned to a more conservative stance, as a result of current market conditions.  Here is a chart of their stock tanking in the past 3 months...

http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=COF+Interactive#{"range":"3mo","allowChartStacking":true}

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it's any help I just used the LUV button the day after my 5th statement cut. I'm also on the credit steps program. I got a $1000.00 increase from my starting limit of $500.00.

Message 6 of 7
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

Just use the card.  I use my two cards like a debit card. Swiping daily for everything I would normally use a debit card for. Cap one has been good to me since I opened these cards and Ive been good to them by paying on time , every time and giving them the swipe fee's.  Regardless of whether or not you get an early CLI, they will do the right thing if you use their cards.  Good luck.

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.