cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Should Accounts Read After Completing Chapter 13 Bankruptcy?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How Should Accounts Read After Completing Chapter 13 Bankruptcy?

I have 2 Capital One accounts reporting on Trans Union as Open and Derogratory. They both report a $0 balance and say Chapter 13 Wage Earner Plan. The Chapter 13 was completed and discharged in August of this year.  Should these accounts be reported as closed and reflect that the Bankruptcy has been discharged? Would that help my credit score any?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: How Should Accounts Read After Completing Chapter 13 Bankruptcy?

Did the creditor sell the debt prior to the BK, or were they included in the BK?

Message 2 of 3
tenillelg
Valued Member

Re: How Should Accounts Read After Completing Chapter 13 Bankruptcy?

I have this same issue.  I had just opened a capital one prepaid card about 2 months prior to filing bankruptcy.  The account was not charged off or in default, they simply closed it due to my filing a chapter 13.  I paid off that chapter 13 last year and even recieved a refund of my deposit afterwards from capital one.  

Fast forward a year after all of that, and on my transunion report it still states as open/derogatory with a comment that it is currently on a chapter 13 wage earner plan.  

I wonder what is your opinion on what I should do first??

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.